Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am interested in mechanisms of materials degradation on the atomic and molecular scale, and how these affect macroscopic systems behaviour.
To get some idea of the research work in our group, check out our publications.
TMT4255/TMM4170 - Corrosion (and Corrosion Protection) (together with Roy Johnsen)
TMT4242 - Steel Offshore (together with Morten Karlsen)
TMT4253 - Electrochemical Process- and Energy Technology (together with Ivana Jevremovic and Geir Martin Haarberg)
MT8102 - Corrosion and Surface Technology
In addition, you can meet me in individual lectures elsewhere, e.g. about vibrational spectroscopy in TMT4166 - Experimental Materials Chemistry and Electrochemistry.
2015-now: Professor in Corrosion and Interface Chemistry, NTNU
2007-2015: Group leader of the Interface Spectroscopy Group at the Max-Planck-Institut für Eisenforschung, Düsseldorf, Germany
2006-2007: Postdoc in the Bio-Nano-Group, Institute of Physics, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
2004-2006: Postdoc in the Molecular and Nanoscale Physics Group, School of Physics and Astronomy, University of Leeds, UK
2002-2004: Doctoral student in the Department of Colloid Chemistry, Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces, Potsdam-Golm, Germany
1997-2001: Student of chemistry at the chemistry department, Martin-Luther-Universität Halle-Wittenberg, Halle(Saale), Germany; Diploma in physical chemistry
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Pretreatment with a β-cyclodextrin - corrosion inhibitor complex stops an initiated corrosion process on zinc. Langmuir. vol. 35.
- (2018) Cyclodextrin inhibits zinc corrosion by destabilizing point defect formation in the oxide layer. Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology. vol. 9 (1).
- (2018) The multiple roles of an organic corrosion inhibitor on copper investigated by a combination of electrochemistry-coupled optical in situ spectroscopies. Corrosion Science. vol. 145.
- (2018) Detection of intra-band gap defects states in spin-coated sol-gel SnOx nanolayers by photoelectron spectroscopies. Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics. vol. 51 (31).
- (2018) Cathodic delamination kinetics of thin polystyrene model coatings bound to zinc via organosilanes. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion.
- (2018) Gradient in defect density of ZnO nanorods grown by cathodic delamination, a corrosion process, leads to end-specific luminescence. Nanoscale Horizons. vol. 3 (1).
- (2018) Oxide – organic heterostructures: a case study of charge displacement absence at a SnO<sub>2</sub> – copper phthalocyanine buried interface. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 20.
- (2018) Delamination kinetics of thin film poly(acrylate) model coatings prepared by surface initiated atom transfer radical polymerization on iron. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 165.
- (2018) Vibrational spectroscopic study of pH dependent solvation at an Ge(100)-water interface during an electrode potential triggered surface termination transition. Journal of Chemical Physics. vol. 148 (22).
- (2018) High interfacial charge storage capability of carbonaceous cathodes for Mg batteries. ACS Nano. vol. 12 (3).
- (2017) Cyclodextrins as carriers for organic corrosion inhibitors in organic coatings. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (4).
- (2017) The role of vacancy condensation for the formation of voids in rutile TiO2 nanowires. ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces. vol. 9 (15).
- (2017) Role of molybdenum in corrosion of iron-based alloys in contact with hydrogen sulfide containing solution. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion. vol. 68 (6).
- (2017) Effect of order and disorder on degradation processes of copper phthalocyanine nanolayers. Synthetic metals. vol. 223.
- (2017) Charge transfer quantification in a SnOx/CuPc semiconductor heterostructure: investigation of buried interface energy structure by photoelectron spectroscopies. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19 (19).
- (2017) Comparison of cathodic delamination of poly(n-alkyl methacrylates) on iron. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion. vol. 68 (12).
- (2017) Electrode potential dependent desolvation and resolvation of germanium(100) in contact with aqueous perchlorate electrolytes. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19 (21).
- (2017) 10 nm deep, sub-nanoliter fluidic nanochannels on germanium for attenuated total reflection infrared (ATR-IR) spectroscopy. The Analyst. vol. 142 (2).
- (2017) State of the surface of antibacterial copper in phosphate buffered saline. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 164 (12).
- (2017) In situ and operando observation of surface oxides during oxygen evolution reaction on copper. Electrochimica Acta. vol. 236.