Torodd Skjerve Nord
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Associate professor at NTNU, Department of Ocean Operations and Civil Engineering, Ålesund
Researcher in SAMCoT and FATICE from 2018 to 2019.
Adjunct Associate Professor at University Centre in Svalbard 2015-2018.
Postdoctoral Fellow at the Sustainable Arctic Marine and Coastal Technology (SAMCoT) centre at the Department of Civil and Transport Engineering since November 2015.
Masters degree from the department of Structural Engineering and SIMLab at NTNU (Fragmentation of metallic materials during impact).
PhD from the department of Civil and Transport Engineering and SAMCoT (Force and response estimation of bottomfounded structures prone to ice-induced vibrations)
Main fields of research
- Structural dynamics
- Force and response identification
- Structural health monitoring
- Ice-induced vibrations
- Ice-structure interaction
- BYGA2200 - Materiallære
- MEKG1001 - Mekanikk
- BYGA2900 - Bacheloroppgave bygg
- MEKA1001 - Mekanikk
- BYGA2601 - Studiepoenggivende praksis
- MEKT1001 - Mekanikk
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2022) Effect of fender system on the dynamic response of onsite installation of floating offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 259.
- (2021) Fatigue damage from dynamic ice action – The FATICE project. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2020) Laboratory study of wave-induced ice-ice collisions using robust principal component analysis and sensor fusion. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 172 (103010).
- (2019) Ice-ridge interactions with the Norströmsgrund lighthouse: Global forces and interaction modes. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 158.
- (2019) On pressure modes in ice-induced vibrations using multivariate analysis. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 160.
- (2019) Dynamic response of an offshore structure interacting with an ice floe failing in crushing. Marine Structures. vol. 65.
- (2019) The strength and the physical properties of glacier-ice runways. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2019) Stochastic subspace identification of modal parameters during ice–structure interaction. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences. vol. 377 (2155).
- (2019) Statistical analysis of ice-induced loads on the Norströmsgrund lighthouse. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2018) On the decay of first-year ice ridges: Measurements and evolution of rubble macroporosity, ridge drilling resistance and consolidated layer strength. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 151.
- (2018) Ice-induced vibrations of the Norströmsgrund lighthouse. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 155.
- (2018) Estimation of the full-field dynamic response of a floating bridge using Kalman-type filtering algorithms. Mechanical systems and signal processing. vol. 107.
- (2017) A continuum model of large deformation continuous ductile ice crushing. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2017) Operational modal analysis on a lighthouse structure subjected to ice actions. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2016) Ice action on Swedish lighthouses revisited. Proceedings of the IAHR International Symposium on ice. vol. 1.
- (2016) Panel loads and weather conditions at Norströmsgrund lighthouse 2000-2003. Proceedings of the IAHR International Symposium on ice.
- (2016) Ice force identification on the Nordströmsgrund lighthouse. Computers & structures. vol. 169.
- (2016) Model-based estimation of hydrodynamic forces on the Bergsoysund bridge. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 2.
- (2015) Laboratory experiments to study ice-induced vibrations of scaled model structures during their interaction with level ice at different ice velocities. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 119.
- (2015) Model-based force and state estimation in experimental ice-induced vibrations by means of Kalman filtering. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 111.