Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Ole Andreas Alsos er instituttleder ved Institutt for Design. Alsos er utdannet sivilingeniør i datateknikk og har en doktorgrad i datateknikk og informasjonsvitenskap. Se engelsk side for mer informasjon.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) The role of storytelling in art museum experiences. Cumulus Conference Proceedings Series.
- (2015) Teaching product design students how to make everyday things interactive with Arduino. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2012) Mobile health IT: The effect of user interface and form factor on doctor–patient communication. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 81 (1).
- (2011) Doctors’ Concerns of PDAs in the Ward Round Situation: Lessons from a Formative Simulation Study. Methods of Information in Medicine. vol. 50 (2).
- (2011) Designing for the secondary user experience. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6949 (4).
- (2010) Fidelity Considerations for Simulation-Based Usability Assessments of Mobile ICT for Hospitals. International Journal of Human-Computer Interaction. vol. 26 (5).
- (2010) Usability testing of mobile ICT for clinical settings: Methodological and practical challenges. International Journal of Medical Informatics. vol. 79 (4).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2018) Designing for Wellbeing with Health Data Tracking – Maintaining the User Perspective in Objective Data. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2015) Gamification and Family Housework Applications. Entertainment Computing - ICEC 2015 14th International Conference, ICEC 2015, Trondheim, Norway, September 29 - Ocotober 2, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2013) Designing healthcare games and applications for toddlers. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children.
- (2011) Consider the patient when designing mobile point-of-care systems for physicians. Proceedings of the fifth international symposium on Human Factors Engineering in Health Informatics.
- (2011) The NSEP Usability and Design Laboratory. Proceedings of the fifth international symposium on Human Factors Engineering in Health Informatics.
- (2010) A Comparative Evaluation Study of Basic Interaction Techniques for PDAs in Point-Of-Care Situations. 2010 4th International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare - Pervasive Health 2010.
- (2009) Evaluating Mobile Usability: The Role of Fidelity in Full-Scale Laboratory Simulations with Mobile ICT for Hospitals. Human Computer interaction.
- (2009) Session-Aware Clinical Information Systems. Business Process Management Workshops.
- (2009) Patient-Administered Access Control: a Usability Study. Proceedings of the The Forth International Conference on Availability, Reliability and Security, ARES 2009.
- (2008) Attention and usability issues in mobile health information systems at point-of-care. eHealth Beyond the Horizon – Get IT There - Proceedings of MIE2008 – The XXIst International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics.
- (2008) Toward a Best Practice for Laboratory-Based Usability Evaluations of Mobile ICT for Hospitals. NordiCHI 2008 - Building Bridges, Proceedings of the 5th Nordic Conference of Human-Computer Interaction.
- (2008) The Contextual Nature of Usability and its Relevance to Medical Informatics. eHealth Beyond the Horizon – Get IT There - Proceedings of MIE2008 – The XXIst International Congress of the European Federation for Medical Informatics.
- (2006) Interaction Techniques for Using Handhelds and PCs Together in a Clinical Setting. Proceedings of the Fourth Nordic Conference on Human-Computer Interaction.