Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Phd (1990) i bevegelsesvitenskap, VU Univeristy Amsterdam.
Undervisning: Biomekanikk av menneskelig bevegelse og motorisk kontroll.
Forskning: Biomekanikk og arbeidsfysiologi av motorisk adferd og idrettsprestasjon
Faglig leder Senter for toppidrettsforskning (SenTIF)
Section editor Human Movement Science
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) The role of power fluctuations in the preference of diagonal vs. double poling sub-technique at different incline-speed combinations in elite cross-country skiers. Frontiers in Physiology. vol. 8.
- (2017) The role of speed and incline in the spontaneous choice of technique in classical roller-skiing. Human Movement Science. vol. 55.
- (2017) Comparison of Performance-Levels and Sex on Sprint Race Performance in the Biathlon World Cup. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance.
- (2017) Association between laboratory capacities and world-cup performance in Nordic combined. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (6).
- (2017) The effect of cadence on shank muscle oxygen consumption and deoxygenation in relation to joint specific power and cycling kinematics. PLoS ONE. vol. 12:e0169573 (1).
- (2017) Effects of upper-body sprint-interval training on strength and endurance capacities in female cross-country skiers. PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (2).
- (2016) Bilateral asymmetry in upper extremities is More pronounced in distal compared to proximal joints. Journal of motor behavior. vol. 48 (2).
- (2016) How hinge positioning in cross-country ski bindings affect exercise efficiency, cycle characteristics and muscle coordination during submaximal roller skiing. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (5).
- (2016) Player load, acceleration, and deceleration during forty-five competitive matches of elite soccer. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (2).
- (2016) How do elite ski jumpers handle the dynamic conditions in imitation jumps?. Journal of Sports Sciences. vol. 34 (11).
- (2016) On the existence of step-to-step breakpoint transitions in accelerated sprinting. PLoS ONE. vol. 11 (7).
- (2016) A Comparison of Frontal Theta Activity During Shooting among Biathletes and Cross-Country Skiers before and after Vigorous Exercise. PLoS ONE.
- (2016) How do world-class Nordic Combined athletes differ from specialized cross-country skiers and ski jumpers in sport-specific capacity and training characteristics?. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance. vol. 11 (7).
- (2016) Local muscle oxygen consumption related to external and joint specific power. Human Movement Science. vol. 45.
- (2016) Oxygenation, local muscle oxygen consumption and joint specific power in cycling: the effect of cadence at a constant external work rate. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 116 (6).
- (2016) Contribution of upper-body strength, body composition, and maximal oxygen uptake to predict double poling power and overall performance in female cross-country skiers. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 30 (9).
- (2015) Mechanical Energy and Propulsion in Ergometer Double Poling by Cross-country Skiers. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (12).
- (2015) Gender differences in power production, energetic capacity and efficiency of elite cross-country skiers during whole-body, upper-body, and arm poling. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 116 (2).
- (2015) The physiological responses to repeated upper-body sprint exercise in highly trained athletes. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 115 (6).