Bernt Johan Leira
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
· Environmental load modeling
· Structural response analysis
· Stochastic dynamics, control algorithms and structural reliability analysis
· Risk assessment of structural systems
· Design and analysis of ships and offshore structures for Arctic conditions
· Floating production systems and subsea technology
· Marine renewable energy
· Fish farms and aquaculture structures
· Design and analysis of marine bridges (e.g. floating bridges and submerged tunnels)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Statistics of thickness and strength of first-year ice along the Northern Sea Route. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) Development of environmental contours for first-year ice ridge statistics. Structural Safety. vol. 87.
- (2020) Inhomogeneous wave load effects on a long, straight and side-anchored floating pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 72.
- (2020) Application of a sea surface roughness formula using joint statistics of significant wave height and spectral wave steepness. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 6 (1).
- (2020) Uncertainty assessments of structural loading due to frst year ice based on the ISO standard by using Monte-Carlo simulation. Ocean Engineering. vol. 198.
- (2020) Static analysis of interaction between two adjacent top tensioned risers with consideration of wake effects. Ocean Engineering. vol. 195.
- (2020) Temperature-dependent characteristics of DH36 steel fatigue crack propagation. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures. vol. 43 (3).
- (2019) Stochastic dynamics of a nonlinear time-varying spur gear model using an adaptive time-stepping path integration method. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 447.
- (2019) Impact of model uncertainties on the fatigue reliability of offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2019) Fatigue reliability assessment of offshore wind turbines with stochastic availability. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 191.
- (2019) Time-variant rule-based reliability of corroded structures by Monte Carlo simulation. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 700 (1).
- (2019) Probabilistic assessment of ice rose diagrams for ice drift in the beaufort sea. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2019) Effects of wave directionality on extreme response for a long end-anchored floating bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.
- (2018) Environmental contours based on inverse SORM. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Probabilistic methods for estimation of the extreme value statistics of ship ice loads. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 146.
- (2018) Short-term extreme ice loads prediction and fatigue damage evaluation for an icebreaker. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 13.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response and reliability of a vessel rolling in random beam seas. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (1).
- (2018) The effect of local wake model on collision probability for risers subjected to current and random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 162.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response analysis of a long-span pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) A new combination of conditional environmental distributions. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 73.