Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Andreas Echtermeyer is Professor for composites and polymers in the Department of Engineering Design and Materials at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) Trondheim. He joined the university full time in 2008 after having been an adjunct professor since 2003. Previously he worked for Det Norske Veritas (DNV) as senior principal engineer in the section “Structural Integrity and Laboratories” and was responsible for composites and polymers in offshore applications. He continues to be a consultant for DNV. He received his PhD in Materials Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his Diploma in Physics from the Technical University of Munich.
· Pressure vessels and pipes.
Development of adaptive wind turbine blades, changing shape under loading.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Immersed interlaminar fatigue of glass fiber epoxy composites using the I-beam method. International Journal of Fatigue. vol. 119.
- (2019) Embedded optical fibres for monitoring pressurization and impact of filament wound cylinders. Composite structures. vol. 210.
- (2018) Interfacial leakage of elastomer seals at low temperatures. International Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping. vol. 160.
- (2018) 3D Printable Filaments Made of Biobased Polyethylene Biocomposites. Polymers. vol. 10 (314).
- (2018) Fluid diffusion in cracked composite laminates – Analytical, numerical and experimental study. Composites Science And Technology. vol. 160.
- (2018) Influence of delaminations on fluid diffusion in multidirectional composite laminates – Theory and experiments. International Journal of Solids and Structures.
- (2018) Micromechanical modeling of anisotropic water diffusion in glass fiber epoxy reinforced composites. Journal of composite materials. vol. 52 (17).
- (2018) Anisotropic fluid diffusion in carbon fiber reinforced composite rods: Experimental, analytical and numerical study. Marine Structures. vol. 59.
- (2018) Orthotropic fluid diffusion in composite marine structures. Experimental procedure, analytical and numerical modelling of plates, rods and pipes. Composites. Part A, Applied science and manufacturing. vol. 115.
- (2018) A Practical Approach for Data Gathering for Polymer Cure Simulations. Applied Sciences. vol. 8 (11).
- (2018) A Running Reference Analysis Method to Greatly Improve Optical Backscatter Reflectometry Strain Data from the Inside of Hardening and Shrinking Materials. Applied Sciences. vol. 8 (1137).
- (2018) In-Situ Strain Measurements in Large Volumes of Hardening Epoxy Using Optical Backscatter Reflectometry. Applied Sciences. vol. 8 (7).
- (2018) Buckling due to external pressure of a composite tube measured by Rayleigh optical backscatter reflectometry and analyzed by finite elements. Structural Control and Health Monitoring: The Bulletin of ACS. vol. 25 (8).
- (2018) Mechanism of Yellowing: Carbonyl Formation during Hygrothermal Aging in a Common Amine Epoxy. Polymers. vol. 10 (9).
- (2018) Near-Infrared Spectroscopic Method for Monitoring Water Content in Epoxy Resins and Fiber-Reinforced Composites. Materials. vol. 11 (4).
- (2018) Long-Term Dissolution of Glass Fibers in Water Described by Dissolving Cylinder Zero-Order Kinetic Model: Mass Loss and Radius Reduction. Open Chemistry. vol. 16 (1).
- (2018) Hygrothermal Aging of Amine Epoxy: Reversible Static and Fatigue Properties. Open Engineering. vol. 8 (1).
- (2017) Compression stress relaxation in carbon black reinforced HNBR at low temperatures. Polymer testing. vol. 63.
- (2017) Elastic recovery after compression in HNBR at low and moderate temperatures: Experiment and modelling. Polymer testing. vol. 61.
- (2017) Rubber adhesion below the glass transition temperature: Role of frozen-in elastic deformation. Europhysics letters. vol. 120 (3).