Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Marikken Høiseth er førsteamanuensis ved Institutt for design (ID), Fakultet for arkitektur og design. Fra september 2017 er hun nestleder ved ID.
- PhD in Industrial Design, NTNU, 2014
- MSc in Industrial Design Engineering, NTNU, 2007
- BSc in Industrial Design Engineering, Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), The Netherlands, 2004
Human-Centered design, design for and with children, meaning-making processes in interaction with products or services, user experience, social semiotics, healthcare design, co-design
The Cluster for Co-Creative Service Design and Innovation – CCSDI (2017-2022), NFR HELSEVEL https://www.forskningsradet.no/prosjektbanken/#/project/NFR/269456
Undervisningsansvar høst 2017
TPD4156 - Design 7 – Society
Studentveiledning i fagene:
TPD4900 – Industriell design, masteroppgave
TPD4505 – Designteori, fordypningsemne
TPD4500 – Design 9, fordypningsprosjekt
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2016) “Now we are going on a Journey”: Meaning-Making with a Healthcare Game during Toddlers’ Medical Treatment. Child Care in Practice. vol. 22 (3).
- (2016) Hearing Impairment: An Initial Exploration of Information Sharing Practices. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2015) Using Phenomenological Hermeneutics to Gain Understanding of Stakeholders in Healthcare Contexts. International Journal of Design. vol. 9 (3).
- (2014) Interactions Between Caregivers and Young Children: Exploring Pedagogical Tact in Nebulizer Treatment. Qualitative Health Research. vol. 24 (12).
- (2011) Art and Technology for Young Creators. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6972.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2019) Co-creative Service Design in Municipal Health Services: Reflections and Lessons Learned from a Design Education Perspective. Service Design and Service Thinking in Healthcare and Hospital Management.
- (2018) Co-creation in Public Service Innovation: A review of how to encourage employee engagement in co-creation. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2018) Narrative health communication: Exploring how medical comics can be designed to support children with serious illness. DS 91: Proceedings of NordDesign 2018, Linköping, Sweden, 14th - 17th August 2018 DESIGN IN THE ERA OF DIGITALIZATION.
- (2017) Identifying Patterns in IDC Research: Technologies for Improving Children's Well-being Connected to Overweight Issues. Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Interaction Design and Children.
- (2017) Analyzing Children's Contributions and Experiences in Co-design Activities: Synthesizing Productive Practices. Proceedings of the 2017 Conference on Interaction Design and Children.
- (2016) Reflection and reflexivity about an introductory design course. Design Education: Collaboration and Cross-Disciplinarity. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, Aalborg University, Denmark, 8th-9th September 2016.
- (2016) Is the 'user' term adequate? A design anthropology perspective on design for social welfare services. NordDesign 2016.
- (2015) Gamification and Family Housework Applications. Entertainment Computing - ICEC 2015 14th International Conference, ICEC 2015, Trondheim, Norway, September 29 - Ocotober 2, 2015, Proceedings.
- (2013) Designing healthcare games and applications for toddlers. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Interaction Design and Children.
- (2013) Research-derived guidelines for designing toddlers' healthcare games. CHI '13 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems.
- (2012) Co-Designing with children: Collecting and structuring methods. Proceedings of The Ninth Norddesign Conference, 2012.
- (2012) Addressing Experience in Design Research: The case of young children as users of medical products. Proceedings of The Ninth Norddesign Conference, 2012.
- (2008) Development of a Tool for a Course Design and Technology for the Secondary School in Norway. New Perspectives in Design Education.
- (2014) Human-Centered Design Considerations in Healthcare Contexts: Young Children as Users of Medical Products. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0401-2.