Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
DNV GL sponsored Professorship in Subsea Process Systems Engineering
Currently: Visiting Professor at MIT (2016/2017)
My research interests are within the field of process systems engineering, with a strong focus on modelling, numerical optimization and control. By linking methods from optimization and control theory, my goal is to systematically develop practically applicable solutions for operating process systems in a safe, reliable, and economical way.
Topics in this area include
- Optimization-driven methods for optimal operation and control strategies
- Real-time optimization and predictive control
- Quantitative data methods for optimization and control of process systems
Current research projects
- Fast hierarchical economic optimization of dynamic systems, FRIPRP/IKTPLUSS Young Researcher Grant funded by the Norwegian Research Council
- Estimation of unmeasured process variables for subsea processing systems, Funded within the SUBPRO center for research-based innovation SUBPRO SFI
- Operational strategies for extending the remaining useful life of subsea processing systems, Funded within the SUBPRO center for research-based innovation SUBPRO SFI
- Member of the Outstanding Academic Fellows Program at NTNU
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) A Predictor-Corrector Path-Following Algorithm for Dual-Degenerate Parametric Optimization Problems. SIAM Journal on Optimization. vol. 27 (1).
- (2017) Sensitivity-Based Economic NMPC with a Path-Following Approach. Processes. vol. 5 (8).
- (2017) HEALTH-AWARE OPERATION OF A SUBSEA GAS COMPRESSION SYSTEM UNDER UNCERTAINTY. Foundations of Computer Aided Process Operations / Chemical Process Control 2017 . FOCAPO/CPC; Tucson, AZ. 2017-01-08 - 2017-01-12.
- (2016) Estimation of Unmeasured Oil and Water Purities for a Continuous Subsea Gravity Separator. Nordic Process Control Workshop ; 2016-08-25 - 2016-08-26.
- (2016) A Simplified Dynamic Model of a Continuous Subsea Oil-Water Gravity Separator for Estimation of Unmeasurable Oil and Water Purities. Annual meeting / American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE).
- (2016) Modelling and optimization of compact subsea liquid-liquid separation system. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 38.
- (2016) Optimal operation of energy storage in buildings: Use of the hot water system. Journal of Energy Storage. vol. 5.
- (2016) Null-space method for optimal operation of transient processes. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2016) Economic Nonlinear Model Predictive Control with a Path-Following Approach. Annual meeting American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE) . American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AICHE); San Francisco. 2016-11-13 - 2016-11-18.
- (2016) Health-aware operation and control of a subsea gas compression station. Nordic Process Control Workshop ; Sigtuna. 2016-08-25 - 2016-08-26.
- (2016) Robust Health Aware Operation of a Subsea Gas Compression System. AIChE Annual Meeting . AIChE; San Francisco. 2016-11-13 - 2016-11-18.
- (2016) Self-Optimizing Control of a Two-Stage Refrigeration Cycle. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (7).
- (2015) An autonomous approach for driving systems towards their limit: An intelligent adaptive anti-slug control system for production maximization. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (6).
- (2015) Neighbouring-extremal control for steady-state optimization using noisy measurements. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 48 (8).
- (2015) Integrating self-optimizing control and real-time optimization using zone control MPC. Journal of Process Control. vol. 34.
- (2015) Optimizing process operation using sensitivity concepts. MOBOCON Symposium Optimazion and Control of Uncertain Systems ; Dortmund. 2015-09-15 - 2015-09-16.
- (2014) A self-optimizing strategy for optimal operation of a preheating train for a crude oil unit. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 33.
- (2014) Optimal operation of heat exchanger networks with stream split: Only temperature measurements are required. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 70.
- (2014) Fast economic model predictive control based on NLP-sensitivities. Journal of Process Control. vol. 24 (8).
- (2013) Dynamic Online Optimization of a House Heating System in a Fluctuating Energy Price Scenario. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2013) Using Process Data for Finding Self-Optimizing Controlled Variables. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2013) , Economic Plantwide Control: Automated Controlled Variable Selection for a Reactor-Separator-Recycle Process. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2012) Control structure selection for optimal operation of a heat exchanger network. UKACC International Conference on Control 2012 ; Cardiff. 2012-09-03 - 2012-09-05.
- (2012) Economically Optimal Controlled Variables for Parallel Units - Application to Chemical Reactors. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 8.
- (2012) Optimal controlled variables for polynomial systems. Journal of Process Control. vol. 22 (1).
- (2011) Invariants for Optimal Operation of Process Systems. 2011. ISBN 978-82-471-2909-8.
- (2011) Self-optimizing Invariants in Dynamic Optimization. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
- (2011) Controlled Variables from Optimal Operation Data. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 29.
- (2011) Measurement Polynomials as Controlled Variables - Exercises. Selected Topics on Constrained and Nonlinear Control - Workbook.
- (2011) Measurements Polynomials as Controlled Variables. Preprints of the NIL workshop on Selected Topics on Constrained and Nonlinear Control.
- (2011) NCO tracking and self-optimizing control in the context of real-time optimization. Journal of Process Control. vol. 21 (10).
- (2011) Optimal operation by controlling the gradient to zero. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 18.
- (2011) Optimal use of measurements for control, optimization and estimation using the loss method: Summary of existing results and some new. Selected Topics on Constrained and Nonlinear Control - Workbook.
- (2010) Self-optimizing Control and NCO tracking in the Context of Real-Time Optimizaton. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
- (2009) Nonlinear Measurement Combinations for Optimal Operation. Nordic Process Control Workshop 2009 ; Porsgrunn. 2009-01-29 - 2009-01-30.
- (2009) Optimally Invariant Variable Combinations for Nonlinear Systems. IFACS Symposium on Advanced Control of Chemical Processes (Adchem 2009) ; Istanbul. 2009-07-12 - 2009-07-15.
- (2009) Optimal Operation of a Waste Incineration Plant for Districk Heating. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2009) Convex initialization of the H2-optimal static output feedback problem. American Control Conference (ACC).
- (2008) Explicit real-time optimization. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.