Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
A native of France, Carine Germond joined the Department of Historical Studies in 2016. She teaches in the BA European Studies and Foreign Languages and MA European Studies and supervises undergraduate and postgraduate theses on any topics related to European integration history and politics. Since January 2017, she is Programme Leader of the BA and MA European Studies programmes and chairs the European Studies Programme Council. In addition, she co-leads and is a member of the European Studies Research Cluster.
Her main research and teaching interests are in the field of Modern/Contemporary History and European Studies. Her core research areas are comparative, transnational and international history of 20th century Europe and European integration History after 1945. Her current research examines in particular the role played by non-state actors in European agricultural policy and policy-making. In "Farmers in Brussels. Farm Interest Groups and the CAP " she enquires into the role and influence of organized farm interests to explore and explain the striking lack of reform of the Common Agricultural Policy prior to 1992. In a new project, she scrutinizes the historical involvement of experts in debating agricultural policy for Europe in key international organizations (IOs) and their contribution to diffusing and transfering policy ideas within and across IOs in the long 20th century. She has also published extensively on Franco-German relations in post-war Europe.
She was awarded her M.Phil. and PhD degrees in Contemporary History from the University of Strasbourg. She also holds an MA in German Studies from the University François Rabelais in Tours, France.
Before moving to Norway and joining NTNU, she worked as a (tenured) Assistant Professor in Contemporary European and International History at Maastricht University in the Netherlands where she taught in the European Studies programme at both BA and MA levels. She was also the first recipient of the (visiting) Clifford Hackett Lectureship in the History of European Integration at Yale University (USA) and taught History and Political Science majors between 2005 and 2007.
She has received distinguished fellowships from a variety of institutions across Europe. She was a Research Fellow at the Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study (NIAS) in Wassenaar, a (senior) Marie Curie Fellow at the University of Postsmouth, a Jean Monnet post-doctoral Fellow at the European University in Florence, and a Research Fellow at the German Historical Institute in Paris. She also held a three-year doctoral fellowship from the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany.
She has been an expert consultant for various EU institutions and regularly contributes to the media on EU issues and politics.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2015) An Emerging Anti-Reform Green Front? Farm Interest Groups Fighting the ‘Agriculture 1980’ Project, 1958-1972. European Review of History. vol. 22 (3).
- (2014) Review of Garret Joseph Martin. General de Gaulle’s Cold War: Challenging American Hegemony 1963-1968. New York: Berghahn Books, 2013. ISBN: 978-1-78238-015-3. H-Diplo Roundtable Review. vol. XV (42).
- (2013) The Maastricht Treaty in Historical Perspective. Journal of European Integration History. vol. 19 (1).
- (2013) The Maastricht Treaty: Negotiations and Consequences in Historical Perspective - Introduction. Journal of European Integration History. vol. 19 (1).
- (2010) Charles de Gaulle and the Grand Coalition’s Ostpolitik, 1966-1969. Francia. Forschungen zur Westeuropäischen Geschichte. vol. 37.
- (2010) Defending the Status Quo: Agricultural Interest Groups and the Challenge of Overproduction in the 1970s. Comparativ. Zeitschrift für Globalgeschichte und vergleichende Gesellschaftsforschung. vol. 20 (4).
- (2010) The Agricultural Bone of Contention: The Franco-German Tandem and the CAP, 1963-1966. Journal of European Integration History. vol. 16 (2).
- (2010) Ambitions and Realities of the Common Agricultural Policy. Journal of European Integration History. vol. 16 (2).
- (2010) Ambitions and Reality of the Common Agricultural Policy: Historical and Interdisciplinary Perspectives. Journal of European Integration History. vol. 16 (2).
- (2014) Partenaires de raison? Le couple France-Allemagne et l'unification de l'Europe, 1963-1969. 2014. ISBN 978-3-486-78029-1.
- (2008) A History of Franco-German Relations in Europe: From “Hereditary Enemies” to Partners. Palgrave Macmillan. 2008. ISBN 978-0-230-61663-9.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2014) Expertise, Information and the Common Agricultural Policy. The Role and Influence of European Farm Organizations. The politics of information : the case of the European Union.
- (2013) Preventing Reform? Agricultural Interest Groups and the Common Agricultural Policy. Societal Actors in European Integration. Polity-Building and Policy-Making 1958-92.
- (2012) Dynamic Franco-German Duos: Giscard-Schmidt and Mitterrand-Kohl. Oxford Handbook of the European Union.
- (2010) A "Cordial Virtuality"? Charles de Gaulle and the Franco-German Partnership, 1963-1969. Globalizing de Gaulle: International Perspectives of French Foreign Policies, 1958-1969.
- (2016) An unenviable task. What to expect from Slovakia’s EU Presidency. https://matisak.wordpress.com/2016/07/03/presedency/ [Avis]. 2016-07-03.
- (2016) Holandsko rozhoduje o únii a Ukrajine. http://spravy.pravda.sk/svet/clanok/389019-holandsko-rozhodu [Avis]. 2016-04-06.
- (2016) Holanďania riešia krízy únie. http://spravy.pravda.sk/svet/clanok/380040-holandania-riesia [Avis]. 2016-01-15.
- (2016) Slovensko zvládlo poslednú skúšku v Európskej únii. http://europa.pravda.sk/aktuality/clanok/414339-slovensko-zv [Avis]. 2016-12-19.
- (2016) Tulipány uštedrili úder Bruselu. http://spravy.pravda.sk/svet/clanok/389284-tulipany-ustedril [Avis]. 2016-04-08.
- (2015) Únia to má urobiť ako Francúzsko a Nemecko. Spoločne. http://spravy.pravda.sk/svet/clanok/370041-unia-to-ma-urobit [Avis]. 2015-10-08.
- Samtidshistorie (etter 1945)
- Europeisk historie
- Den europeiske Unionen
- EU - europeisk politikk
- Den europeiske integrasjonen
- EUs historie
- Common Agricultural Policy
- Franco German relations
- International Organizations
- Interest groups
- Farmers union
- Experts and expertise