Emne - Research and Project Planning - EUR3415
EUR3415 - Research and Project Planning
Karakter: Bestått/ Ikke bestått
How to conduct research on European integration, the EU and European relations after 1945? What sources are available and where? How to write a research design and thesis proposal? How to identify and use suitable methods and theories in the thesis? How to organize the work on the MA thesis? This course will provide detailed answers to these important questions. It will provide students with an overview of recent research and trends within European Studies, and enhance students' knowledge about and awareness of how research in European Studies is conducted and carried out, especially with regards to the use of sources and methodological/theoretical approaches. The course will strengthen students' ability to successfully research and write their master thesis project. It includes lectures to familiarize students with research ethics, relevant categories of sources for European Studies, as well as significant methods of presenting relevant research.
- understand what is required for writing a larger, research-based academic work
- are familiar with current research ethical guidelines and have an overview of relevant categories of sources
- have a thorough knowledge of recent research in key areas of European integration, the European Union and European relations after 1945
- have gained insights into how to conceptualize their MA thesis topic, plan and carry out the research necessary for writing up the MA thesis
Candidates are able to
- identify and critically analyse various types of sources
- participate actively in discussions about the contents of texts/projects that are dealt with in the course
- identify and use methods, theories, and sources in their MA thesis project
- write a research design and project description
- present their project to peers
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
Lectures and seminars. It is expected that compulsories and examinations must be completed in English. Exceptions must be clarified with the lecturer responsible for the course.
- Muntlig presentasjon
Mer om vurdering
Obligatory oral presentation and final research proposal. It is expected that compulsories and examinations must be completed in English. Exceptions must be clarified with the lecturer responsible for the course.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
European Studies (MEURSTUD)
Bachelor's degree in European Studies and Foreign Languages or equivalent approved education.
Requires admission to the Master's programme in European Studies/masterprogrammet i Europastudier.
Available at the start of the semester.
Studiepoeng: 7.5 SP
Studienivå: Høyere grads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: HØST 2023
- Termin Statuskode Vurdering Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Eksamens- system Rom *
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- Vår ORD Oppgave 100/100 INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"