Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My teaching responsibilities include the following courses: BI1001 Cell and molecular biology; MOL4010 Basic molecular biology; BI3018 Patenting and commersialization in Biotech/Medtech. In addition, I do supervision of masters (5x) and PhD-students (3x).
Dissemination/Innovation. I am parttime CEO; and the principal inventor of the technology, of the biotech company Coegin Pharma AS.
Research. My main research interests are understanding http://www.ntnu.edu/biology/research/molecular-systems-biology/lipid-signaling signaling relevant for fundamental biological processes like proliferation and differentiation. Furthermore, understanding similar mechanisms regulating pathological processes such as inflammation, hyperproliferation and cancer.
Academic career: My international academic career spans positions at the Molecular Biology Institute at UCLA, US; at the Biomedical Centre at University of Uppsala, Sweden; at NTH, Department of Technical Biochemistry; at Unigen, University of Trondheim, Norway; and at Institute of Molecular Genetics, University of Göttingen, Germany. I also held positions as visiting scientist at Biogen Research Corporation, Cambridge, MA and at Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, University of California, San Diego, CA., Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
I received my M.Sc. and my Ph.D. in molecular genetics from University of Trondheim in 1985 and 1990, respectively.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Detection and Differentiation of Breast Cancer Sub-Types using a cPLA2α Activatable Fluorophore. Scientific Reports. vol. 9 (1).
- (2019) Cytosolic group IVA phospholipase A2 inhibitors, AVX001 and AVX002, ameliorate collagen induced arthritis. Arthritis Research & Therapy. vol. 21.
- (2019) Cytosolic Phospholipase A2 Alpha Regulates TLR Signaling and Migration in Metastatic 4T1 Cells. International Journal of Molecular Sciences.
- (2018) The ethics of access to patented biotech research tools from universities and other research institutions. Nature Biotechnology. vol. 36 (6).
- (2018) Dietary competition between wild impala and domestic goat as revealed by DNA metabarcoding. Savanna Science Networking Meeting ; 2018-03-04 - 2018-03-08.
- (2017) Anti-angiogenic therapy affects the relationship between tumor vascular structure and function: A correlation study between micro?computed tomography angiography and dynamic contrast enhanced MRI. Magnetic Resonance in Medicine. vol. 78 (4).
- (2017) A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-escalation first-in-man study (phase 0) to assess the safety and efficacy of topical phospholipase A2 inhibitor AVX001 in patients with mild to moderate plaque psoriasis. Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology. vol. 31 (7).
- (2016) A novel compound isolated from Sclerochloa dura has anti-inflammatory effects. Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. vol. 81 (1).
- (2016) The emerging patent landscape of CRISPR-Cas gene editing technology: Early views on control and access for follow-on commercial applications. Nature Biotechnology. vol. 34 (10).
- (2016) Anti-vascular effects of the cytosolic phospholipase A2 inhibitor AVX235 in a patient-derived basal-like breast cancer model. BMC Cancer. vol. 16:191.
- (2015) Genetic studies of body mass index yield new insights for obesity biology. Nature. vol. 518 (7538).
- (2015) Biologic interpretation of genome-wide association studies using predicted gene functions. Nature Communications. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) New genetic loci link adipose and insulin biology to body fat distribution. Nature. vol. 518.
- (2015) Cytosolic phospholipase A2 modulates TLR2 signaling in synoviocytes. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (4).
- (2014) Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activities of Sclerochloa dura (Poaceae). Journal of the Serbian Chemical Society. vol. 79 (7).
- (2014) Inhibition of group IVA cytosolic phospholipase A2 by thiazolyl ketones in vitro, ex vivo, and in vivo. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry. vol. 57 (18).
- (2014) Cellular effect of insulin on proliferation of monocytes (1011.4). The FASEB Journal. vol. 28.
- (2014) Defining the role of common variation in the genomic and biological architecture of adult human height. Nature Genetics. vol. 46 (11).
- (2013) Balanced caloric macronutrient composition downregulates immunological gene expression in human blood cells - adipose tissue responses diverges. Omics. vol. 17 (1).
- (2013) Platelet-activating factor induces proliferation in differentiated keratinocytes. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. vol. 384 (1-2).
- (2013) Cytosolic phospholipase A2 regulates TNF-induced production of joint destructive effectors in synoviocytes. PLoS ONE. vol. 8 (12).