Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
PhD 1990 Brown University, Providence, R. I., USA
Current research activities
The research in my group focuses on condensed matter in the quantum regime, i.e. at low enough temperatures that the wave-character of matter is prominent and dominates the physics.
In particular, we focus on critical phenomena, quantum transport of spin and charge, heterostructures of unconventional materials, and on the interplay between states with multiple coexisiting broken symmetries. Systems that fall into these classes are typically various novel types of superconductors, superlfuids, ferromagnets, ferroelectrics, and Bose-Einstein condensates.
- Superconductivity in novel materials, such as graphene, pnictides, topological superconductors,
- Strongly correlated systems, including high-temperature superconductors.
- Bose-Einstein condensates, multi-component condensates and superfluids. Topological eksitations i multi-component condensates.
- Spin- and charge-transport i lowdimensional structures of uconventional materials, particularly the combination magnetic og superconducting materials.
- Novel types of quantum critical phenomena.
- Lage-scale Monte-Carlo computations of model systems of condensed matter.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Inverse proximity effect in s-wave and d-wave superconductors coupled to topological insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 99 (094505).
- (2019) Chiral Phonon Transport Induced by Topological Magnons. Physical Review Letters. vol. 122 (107201).
- (2018) Vortex spin valve on a topological insulator. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (14).
- (2018) Superfluid drag in multicomponent Bose-Einstein condensates on a square optical lattice. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (024512).
- (2018) Magnon-induced superconductivity in a topological insulator coupled to ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (195438).
- (2018) p-wave superconductivity in weakly repulsive 2D Hubbard model with Zeeman splitting and weak Rashba spin-orbit coupling. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (2).
- (2018) Derivation of a Ginzburg-Landau free energy density of a p+ip superconductor from spin-orbit coupling with mixed gradient terms. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (014510).
- (2017) Topological staggered field electric effect with bipartite magnets. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (15).
- (2016) Competing interactions in population-imbalanced two-component Bose-Einstein condensates. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94 (5).
- (2016) Current loops, phase transitions, and the Higgs mechanism in Josephson-coupled multicomponent superconductors. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94.
- (2016) Lattices of double-quanta vortices and chirality inversion in p x +ip y superconductors. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94.
- (2016) Topological magnetic dipolar interaction and nonlocal electric magnetization control in topological insulator heterostructures. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 94 (2).
- (2016) Nonlocal topological magnetoelectric effect by Coulomb interaction at a topological insulator-ferromagnet interface. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 93 (1).
- (2015) Fluctuation Effects in Phase-Frustrated Multiband Superconductors. Journal of Superconductivity and Novel Magnetism. vol. 28 (11).
- (2015) Fluctuation effects in rotating Bose-Einstein condensates with broken SU(2) and U(1)×U(1) symmetries in the presence of intercomponent density-density interactions. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics. vol. 91 (1).
- (2015) Thermal remixing of phase-separated states in two-component bosonic condensates. New Journal of Physics. vol. 17:103040 (10).
- (2015) Higgs mechanism, phase transitions, and anomalous Hall effect in three-dimensional topological superconductors. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (22).
- (2014) Phase transitions and anomalous normal state in superconductors with broken time-reversal symmetry. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 89 (10).
- (2014) Josephson-frustrated superconductors in a magnetic field. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 90 (13).
- (2014) Properties of the virial expansion and equation of state of ideal quantum gases in arbitrary dimensions. Det Kongelige Norske Videnskabers Selskabs Skrifter. vol. 2014 (3).