TEQUILA – Teacher Education: Quality, Integration and Learning
TEQUILA is a European network focused on research-based teacher education.
The network's overall aim is to promote quality in teacher education by integrating research and practice.
The TEQUILA network seeks to face the current challenges to teacher education:
- The demand for increased quality in in teaching and learning outcomes
- The political pressure on teacher education to offer practice-based teacher education programmes, and for "evidence-based practice"
- The desire of teachers and teacher educators for professional recognition, self-defined identities and fulfilling careers
- The desire of prospective teachers for programs which fully prepare them for the profession and support them across their career trajectories
- The need to empower teachers to deal with emerging educational issues and content in future classrooms
University of Linköping, Sweden – Per Simfors
University College South Denmark, Denmark – Alexander von Oettingen
European University Cyprus, Cyprus – Loucas Louca, Chrystalla Papademetri-Kachrimani