Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
• Water treatment: Coagulation / Flocculation, (Membrane) Filtration
• Characterization of organic matter and particles / colloids in water
• Advanced Oxidation Processes (Electrochemical Oxidation)
• Field-Flow Fractionation
Current research activities
• Treatment of organic pollutants in landfill leachate by electrochemical oxidation / advanced oxidation
• Characterization of colloids in water treatment systems and the environment via asymmetric flow field-flow fractionation (AF4)
• Removal of natural organic matter (NOM) by coagulation and ceramic membrane filtration
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Application of electrochemical oxidation in cold climate regions – Effect of temperature, pH and anode material on the degradation of Bisphenol A and the formation of disinfection by-products. Journal of Environmental Chemical Engineering.
- (2020) Electrochemical removal of Bisphenol A from landfill leachate under Nordic climate conditions. Journal of Applied Electrochemistry. vol. 50.
- (2019) Insights into the Kinetics of Intermediate Formation during Electrochemical Oxidation of the Organic Model Pollutant Salicylic Acid in Chloride Electrolyte. Water. vol. 11 (7).
- (2019) Natural organic matter fractions and their removal in full-scale drinking water treatment under cold climate conditions in Nordic capitals. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 241.
- (2018) Characterization and temporal variation of urban runoff in a cold climate - design implications for SuDS. Urban Water Journal.
- (2018) Inactivation of marine heterotrophic bacteria in ballast water by an Electrochemical Advanced Oxidation Process. Water Research. vol. 140.
- (2017) Phosphorus Binding to Nanoparticles and Colloids in Forest Stream Waters. Vadose Zone Journal. vol. 16 (3).
- (2017) Characterisation of colloids using asymmetrical flow field-flow fractionation and online organic carbon detection. Water Science and Technology : Water Supply. vol. 17 (5).
- (2016) Field flow fractionation online with ICP-MS as novel approach for the quantification of fine particulate carbon in stream water samples and soil extracts. Journal of Analytical Atomic Spectrometry. vol. 31 (9).
- (2013) Fractal dimension analysis of flocs in inline coagulation-microfiltration of natural organic matter (NOM). Separation science and technology (Print). vol. 48 (18).
- (2013) Analysis of membrane and cake layer resistances in coagulation-constant flux dead-end microfiltration of NOM. Separation science and technology (Print). vol. 48 (15).
- (2012) In-line coagulation prior to ceramic microfiltration for surface water treatment - Minimisation of flocculation pre-treatment. Desalination and Water Treatment. vol. 42 (1-3).
- (2012) MS2 Removal from High NOM Content Surface Water by Coagulation - Ceramic Microfiltration, for Potable Water Production. AIChE Journal. vol. 58 (7).
- (2010) Comparison of optional process configurations and operating conditions for ceramic membrane MF coupled with coagulation/flocculation pre-treatment for the removal of NOM in drinking water production. Aqua. vol. 59 (2-3).
- (2008) Significance of flocculation for NOM removal by coagulation – ceramic membrane microfiltration. Water Science and Technology : Water Supply. vol. 8 (6).
- (2006) Bacterial degradation of microcystin toxins within a biologically active sand filter. Water Research. vol. 40 (4).
- (2019) Electrochemical Treatment of Landfill Leachate under Cold Climate Conditions. The 16th International Conference on Environmental Science and Technology (CEST2019) ; 2019-09-04 - 2019-09-07.
- (2019) Comparing NOM-fractionation using LC-OCD and membrane filtration for prediction of drinking water treatment effectivity. The 7th IWA Specialist Conference on Natural Organic Matter in Water . IWA; Tokyo. 2019-10-07 - 2019-10-10.
- (2019) Characterisation of Dissolved Metal Fractions in Urban Runoff. International Conference CITIES, RAIN and RISK ; 2019-06-13 - 2019-06-14.
- (2018) Seasonal changes and removal of NOM fractions in main waterworks of Nordic capital cities. 11th Nordic Drinking Water Conference (NDWC) ; Oslo. 2018-06-11 - 2018-06-13.
- (2016) Removal of NOM fractions in full-scale drinking water treatment in Scandinavia. 10th Nordic Drinking Water Conference ; Reykjavik. 2016-10-28 - 2016-10-30.
- (2016) Characterisation of sub-micron particles and dissolved organic matter. Water in Urban Areas – Spring School in Berlin . Nordic Water Network; Berlin. 2016-04-04 - 2016-04-08.
- (2016) Characterisation of Colloids using Asymmetrical Flow Field-Flow Fractionation and Online Organic Carbon Detection. IWA Particle Separation 2016 . IWA; Oslo. 2016-06-22 - 2016-06-24.
- (2016) Seasonal variation in pollutant concentrations and particle size distribution in urban stormwater - design implications for BMPs. 9th Novatech conference: Planning & technologies for sustainable urban water management ; Lyon. 2016-06-28 - 2016-07-01.
- (2015) Phosphorus nanoparticles and colloids of forest stream waters – fractionation and potential role in ecosystems. Soil interfaces for sustainable development (ISMOM 2015) . McGill University; Montreal. 2015-07-05 - 2015-07-10.
- (2014) Koagulering ‐ Membranfiltrering ‐ Aktuell prosess for humusfjerning?. Tekna Kursdagene - Store utfordringer for norsk vannforsyning . Tekna; Trondheim. 2014-01-09 - 2014-01-10.
- (2013) Investigating coagulated NOM floc properties and its impact on membrane filtration by fractal dimensions analysis. 7th IWA Specialised Membrane Technology Conference and Exhibition for Water and Wastewater Treatment and Reuse . International Water Association; Toronto. 2013-08-25.
- (2012) Fouling analysis of low-pressure membrane filtration; Comparison between a deterministic model and a macroscopic approach. IWA Particle Separation Conference . International Water Association; Berlin. 2012-06-18 - 2012-06-20.