Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Thomas Zinner is associate professor at IIK since August 2019. Before, he was visiting professor and head of the FG INET at TU Berlin and head of the research group on "Next Generation Networks" at the chair of Communication Networks at the University of Würzburg. He received his diploma in 2006 and his Ph.D. in 2012, both from University of Würzburg. His research interests cover the performance evaluation of emerging network architecture concepts like SDN/NFV as well as QoE-centric network and service management approaches.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
- (2019) Towards Consistent SDNS: A Case for Network State Fuzzing. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
- (2019) The Power of Composition: Abstracting a Multi-Device SDN Data Path Through a Single API. IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management.
- (2019) Survey of Performance Acceleration Techniques for Network Function Virtualization. Proceedings of the IEEE.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2019) BBGDASH: A Max-Min Bounded Bitrate Guidance for SDN Enabled Adaptive Video Streaming. 22nd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops, ICIN 2019.
- (2019) Web performance pitfalls. PAM: International Conference on Passive and Active Network Measurement.
- (2019) KOMon—Kernel-based Online Monitoring of VNF Packet Processing Times. Proceedings of the 2019 International Conference on Networked Systems.
- (2019) Highlighting the Gap Between Expected and Actual Behavior in P4-enabled Networks. International Symposium on Integrated Network Management, IM 2019.
- (2019) Discrete-Time Modeling of NFV Accelerators that Exploit Batched Processing. Conference on Computer Communications, INFOCOM 2019.
- (2019) Computing QoE-Relevant Adaptive Video Streaming Metrics Using Discrete-Time Analysis. 2019 22nd Conference on Innovation in Clouds, Internet and Networks and Workshops (ICIN).
- (2019) Modeling Adaptive Video Streaming Using Discrete-Time Analysis. ITC31 - Networked Systems and Services.
- (2019) Estimating Video Streaming QoE in the 5G Architecture Using Machine Learning. Proceedings of the 4th Internet-QoE Workshop on QoE-based Analysis and Management of Data Communication Networks.
- (2019) Bandwidth Prediction Schemes for Defining Bitrate Levels in SDN-enabled Adaptive Streaming. 15th International Conference on Network and Service Management, CNSM 2019.
- (2019) Informed Access Network Selection: The Benefits of Socket Intents for Web Performance. 15th International Conference on Network and Service Management, CNSM 2019.