Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Jacob Linder holds a position as Professor of Physics at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology since 2013. He received his Ph.D in physics in 2009, winning several national awards for best Ph.D degree.
His main research interest is the quantum physics that emerges when combining materials with different properties in hybrid structures, such as superconductors, Dirac materials, magnets, and materials with topological properties.
Since 2017, he is one of the primary investigators in the Center of Excellence QuSpin at NTNU.
Center of Excellence QuSpin: https://www.ntnu.edu/quspin
Research group: http://folk.ntnu.no/jacobrun
The research done in our group is focused on quantum condensed matter theory.
- Dr. Sol Jacobsen (post-doctoral researcher)
- Vetle Meland Risinggård (Ph.D candidate)
- Jabir Ali Ouassou (Ph.D candidate)
- Morten Amundsen (Ph.D candidate)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Inverse proximity effect in s-wave and d-wave superconductors coupled to topological insulators. Physical Review B. vol. 99 (094505).
- (2018) Vortex spin valve on a topological insulator. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (14).
- (2018) Field-free nucleation of antivortices and giant vortices in non-superconducting materials. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (20).
- (2018) Controlling the superconducting transition by spin-orbit coupling. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (18).
- (2018) Voltage-induced thin-film superconductivity in high magnetic fields. Physical Review B. vol. 98 (14).
- (2018) Tunable superconducting critical temperature in ballistic hybrid structures with strong spin-orbit coupling. Physical Review B. vol. 97 (5).
- (2017) Supercurrent vortex pinball via a triplet Cooper pair inverse Edelstein effect. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (6).
- (2017) Analytically determined topological phase diagram of the proximity-induced gap in diffusive n-terminal Josephson junctions. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2017) Spin Seebeck effect and thermoelectric phenomena in superconducting hybrids with magnetic textures or spin-orbit coupling. Scientific Reports. vol. 7.
- (2017) Induced unconventional superconductivity on the surface states of Bi2Te3 topological insulator. Nature Communications. vol. 8 (1).
- (2017) p-wave triggered superconductivity in single layer graphene on an electron-doped oxide superconductor. Nature Communications. vol. 8.
- (2017) Tunability of Andreev levels via spin-orbit coupling in Zeeman-split Josephson junctions. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (13).
- (2017) Quasiclassical theory for the superconducting proximity effect in Dirac materials. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (23).
- (2017) Quantum kinetic equations and anomalous nonequilibrium Cooper-pair spin accumulation in Rashba wires with Zeeman splitting. Physical Review B. vol. 96:134513 (13).
- (2017) Controlling supercurrents and their spatial distribution in ferromagnets. Nature Communications. vol. 8.
- (2017) Intrinsic superspin Hall current. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (9).
- (2017) Anisotropic Andreev reflection and Josephson effect in ballistic phosphorene. Physical Review B. vol. 95 (14).
- (2017) Conservation of spin supercurrents in superconductors. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (9).
- (2017) Spin-switch Josephson junctions with magnetically tunable sin(δφ/n) current-phase relation. Physical Review B. vol. 96 (6).
- (2017) Triplet Cooper pairs induced in diffusive s-wave superconductors interfaced with strongly spin-polarized magnetic insulators or half-metallic ferromagnets. Scientific Reports. vol. 7 (1).