Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Main scientific Grants (recent)
MIRROR, (Unit responsible - proposal prepared with Dr. Birgit Krogstie) IP Co-Funded by EU IST FP7 (project nr. 257617), theme: Technology-enhanced learning, 2010 – 2014, Coordinator: IMC Information Media, Germany - 15 partners across 6 European countries.
NORDIC-LEAF (unit responsible), Nordforsk funded network for researcher training in social and mobile learning, lead by Stockholm University, 8 partners in Nordic countries.
Co-creat (unit responsible), project co-funded by EU LLP2010 on creative collaboration in learning, lead by Oulu University, 8 partners across Europe
FABULA (Project leader) – Project funded by NFR-VERDIKT on seamless networks for transforming the city into an arena for learning. Collaboration among IDI, the Department of Telematics and the Center for ICT and Learning (LIKT) at NTNU 11 MNOK
ASTRA (Unit responsible) – Project co-funded by EU IST-FET on pervasive awareness applications, lead by CTI, Greece with 5 partners. Completed in 2010.
MOTUS (project leader) – Project funded by LIKT-NTNU on Mobile Technology in University Education. Collaboration among IDI, the Programme for teacher education and the Department of Modern Foreign Languages (French group) at NTNU. Completed 2010.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) Designing IoT Applications for Smart Cities: extending the Tiles Ideation Toolkit. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s).
- (2018) RapIoT toolkit: Rapid prototyping of collaborative Internet of Things applications. Future generations computer systems. vol. 95.
- (2018) Rapid prototyping internet of things applications for augmented objects: The tiles toolkit approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11249 LNCS.
- (2017) Identifying Dropout Factors in Information Technology Education: A Case Study. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2017) Entertainment, engagement, and education: Foundations and developments in digital and physical spaces to support learning through making. Entertainment Computing. vol. 21.
- (2017) A case of career consultancy in STEM for youths. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10474 LNCS.
- (2017) Motivating students with Mobiles, Ubiquitous applications and the Internet of Things for STEM (MUMI4STEM). IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2017) GIRLS AND COMPUTING IN LOWER SECONDARY EDUCATION: The surprisingly unsurprising results of a Norwegian exploratory study. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 25 (1).
- (2016) Technology-enhanced Smart City Learning: a Systematic Mapping of the Literature. ID&A Interaction design & architecture(s). vol. 27.
- (2016) IoT for smart city learning: Towards requirements for an authoring tool. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1602.
- (2016) Tiles Cards: a card-based design game for smart objects ecosystems. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1602.
- (2016) From interactive surfaces to interactive game pieces in hybrid board games. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Smart Environments. vol. 8 (5).
- (2016) Anyboard: A platform for hybrid board games. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 9926 LNCS.
- (2015) Cross-Team Reflection Workshops in Software Engineering Student Projects. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2015) Boundary objects in collaborative work and learning. Information Systems Frontiers. vol. 18 (1).
- (2015) Make2Learn: Fostering Engagement and Creativity in Learning through Making. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2015) Making as a pathway to foster joyful engagement and creativity in learning. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 9353.
- (2015) The Interactive-Token Approach to Board Games. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 9425.
- (2015) Making Interactive Board Games to Learn: Reflections on AnyBoard. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1450.
- (2015) Context Becomes Content: Sensor Data for Computer-Supported Reflective Learning. IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies. vol. 8 (1).