Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Fokuset på forskningen
Fokuset på forskningen er mestring og livssituasjon hos voksne og eldre med kronisk sykdom og/eller funksjonsnedsettelse. Både kvantitativ og kvalitative metode
Forskergruppetilhørighet er: Allmennmedisinsk Forsknings Enhet (AFE) og "Aldring og eldres helse"
Pågående veiledning av PhD kandidater
Mette Bratt - Olfactory function and dysfunction after Traumatic Brain Injury (NTNU)
- Kjerstin Tevik - Consumption of alcohol and use of psychotropic drugs in older adults – a population based study (NTNU)
Miriam Gustafsson - Pregnancy and psychological general well-being (NTNU)
Ann Helen Nilsen - Symptoms and quality of life before and after surgery for nasal obstruction (NTNU)
- Marte Rystad Øie - Med nese for KOLS (NTNU)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) The experience of lived space in persons with dementia: a systematic meta-synthesis. BMC Geriatrics.
- (2017) Can depression in psychogeriatric inpatients at one year follow-up be explained by locus of control and coping strategies?. Aging & Mental Health. vol. 22 (3).
- (2017) Individuals at high risk for type 2 diabetes invited to a lifestyle program: characteristics of participants versus non-participants (the HUNT Study) and 24-month follow-up of participants (the VEND-RISK Study). BMJ Open Diabetes Research & Care. vol. 5:e000368.
- (2017) Paranasal sinus opacification in headache sufferers: A population-based imaging study (the HUNT study-MRI). Cephalalgia. vol. 37 (6).
- (2017) Persistent use of psychotropic drugs in nursing home residents in Norway. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (52).
- (2017) Assessment of alcohol and psychotropic drug use among old-age psychiatric patients in Norway: Experiences of health professionals. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 34 (3).
- (2017) Alcohol and prescribed psychotropic drug use among patients admitted to a department of old age psychiatry in Norway. Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs. vol. 34 (1).
- (2017) Experiences and needs of spouses of persons with young-onset frontotemporal dementia during the progression of the disease. Scandinavian Journal of Caring Sciences. vol. 31 (4).
- (2017) Factors associated with consumption of alcohol in older adults - a comparison between two cultures, China and Norway: the CLHLS and the HUNT-study. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 17 (1).
- (2017) Use of mechanical and pharmacological restraint over an eight-year period and its relation to clinical factors. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2017) Change in psychotropic drug use in Norwegian nursing homes between 2004 and 2011. International psychogeriatrics.
- (2017) Use of alcohol and drugs with addiction potential among older women and men in a population-based study. The Nord-Trøndelag Health Study 2006-2008 (HUNT3). PLoS ONE. vol. 12 (9).
- (2016) Applying clinical guidelines in general practice: A qualitative study of potential complications. BMC Family Practice. vol. 17 (1).
- (2016) Locus of control and coping strategies in older persons with and without depression. Aging & Mental Health. vol. 20 (8).
- (2016) The experience of relations in persons with dementia: A systematic meta-synthesis. Dementia and Geriatric Cognitive Disorders. vol. 42 (5-6).
- (2016) Exploring lifestyle and risk in preventing type 2 diabetes-a nested qualitative study of older participants in a lifestyle intervention program (VEND-RISK). BMC Public Health. vol. 16 (876).
- (2016) The effects of an exercise programme during pregnancy on health-related quality of life in pregnant women: a Norwegian randomised controlled trial. BJOG: an International Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology. vol. 123 (7).
- (2016) Are coping strategies and locus of control orientation associated with health-related quality of life in older adults with and without depression?. Archives of gerontology and geriatrics (Print). vol. 64.
- (2016) Health-related quality of life in older depressed psychogeriatric patients: one year follow-up. BMC Geriatrics. vol. 16:131 (131).
- (2016) Severity of Neuropsychiatric Symptoms in Nursing Home Residents. Dementia and geriatric cognitive disorders extra. vol. 6 (1).