Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Sigurd Skogestad is Professor of Chemical Engineering at NTNU in Trondheim with focus on process control,. He received his PhD from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in 1987, He has been full professor at NTNU since 1987 and he was Head of department of Chemical Engineering from 1999 to 2009. He is since 2015 the Director of the SUBPRO center for research-based innovation on subsea production and processing.
His research interests include control structure design and plantwide control, optimal operation of process systems, modelling for control, robust control, PID control and distillation columns.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Feedback Real-Time Optimization Strategy Using a Novel Steady-state Gradient Estimate and Transient Measurements. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (1).
- (2019) Systematic Design of Split Range Controllers. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2019) On combining self-optimizing control and extremum-seeking control - Applied to an ammonia reactor case study. Journal of Process Control.
- (2019) A New Termination Criterion for Sampling for Surrogate Model Generation using Partial Least Squares Regression. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 121.
- (2018) Simple method for parameter identification of a nonlinear Greitzer compressor model. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (13).
- (2018) A Control- and Estimation-Oriented Gravity Separator Model for Oil and Gas Applications Based upon First-Principles. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 57 (21).
- (2018) Slug handling with a virtual harp based on nonlinear predictive control for a gravity separator. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (8).
- (2018) Combined nonlinear moving horizon estimation and model predictive control applied to a compressor for active surge control. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications.
- (2018) Virtual inflow estimation with simplified tuning using cascaded and Kalman-like least squares observers. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 43.
- (2018) Control of Steady-state Gradient of an Ammonia Reactor using Transient Measurements. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 43.
- (2018) Integrating operations and control: A perspective and roadmap for future research. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 115.
- (2018) Optimal PI and PID control of first-order plus delay processes and evaluation of the original and improved SIMC rules. Journal of Process Control. vol. 70.
- (2018) Optimization of fixed-order controllers using exact gradients. Journal of Process Control. vol. 71.
- (2018) Should we forget the Smith Predictor?. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 51 (4).
- (2018) Dividing wall columns for natural gas liquefaction plants. Chemical Engineering Transactions. vol. 69.
- (2018) Control structure comparison for three-product Petlyuk column. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 26 (8).
- (2018) A Distributed Optimization Strategy for Large Scale Oil and Gas Production Systems. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Control Applications.
- (2018) A Distributed Algorithm for Scenario-based Model Predictive Control using Primal Decomposition *. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (18).
- (2018) Steady-State Real-time Optimization using Transient Measurements. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 115.
- (2018) Gas-lift Optimization by Controlling Marginal Gas-Oil Ratio using Transient Measurements. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 51 (8).