Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Sigurd Skogestad is Professor of Chemical Engineering at NTNU in Trondheim with focus on process control,. He received his PhD from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) in 1987, He has been full professor at NTNU since 1987 and he was Head of department of Chemical Engineering from 1999 to 2009. He is since 2015 the Director of the SUBPRO center for research-based innovation on subsea production and processing.
His research interests include control structure design and plantwide control, optimal operation of process systems, modelling for control, robust control, PID control and distillation columns.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Combined state and parameter estimation for not fully observable dynamic systems. IFAC journal of systems and control. vol. 13.
- (2020) Control structure design of a solid oxide fuel cell and molten carbonate fuel cell integrated system: Bottom-up analysis. Energy Conversion and Management. vol. 220.
- (2020) Systematic design of active constraint switching using se-lectors. Computers and Chemical Engineering.
- (2020) Multi-input single-output control for extending the operating range: Generalized split range control using the baton strategy. Journal of Process Control. vol. 91.
- (2020) Optimal operation and control of heat to power cycles: A new perspective from a systematic plantwide control approach. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 141.
- (2019) A simple modeling approach to control emulsion layers in gravity separators. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 46.
- (2019) Thermal coupling opportunities for floating natural gas liquefaction plants. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 147.
- (2019) Optimal operation of oil and gas production using simple feedback control structures. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 91:104107.
- (2019) A Primal decomposition algorithm for distributed multistage scenario model predictive control. Journal of Process Control. vol. 81.
- (2019) Feedback Real-Time Optimization Strategy Using a Novel Steady-state Gradient Estimate and Transient Measurements. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (1).
- (2019) A Dynamic Extremum Seeking Scheme Applied to Gas Lift Optimization. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (1).
- (2019) Online Process Optimization with Active Constraint Set Changes using Simple Control Structures. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 58 (30).
- (2019) Control structure design for a CO2-refrigeration system with heat recovery. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 46.
- (2019) Multiple-input single-output control for extending the steady-state operating range-use of controllers with different setpoints. Processes. vol. 7:941 (12).
- (2019) Systematic Design of Active Constraint Switching Using Classical Advanced Control Structures. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 56 (6).
- (2019) Systematic Design of Split Range Controllers. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 52 (1).
- (2019) On combining self-optimizing control and extremum-seeking control - Applied to an ammonia reactor case study. Journal of Process Control. vol. 78.
- (2019) A new termination criterion for sampling for surrogate model generation using partial least squares regression. Computers and Chemical Engineering. vol. 121.
- (2019) The use of first principles model for evaluation of adaptive soft sensor for multicomponent distillation unit. Chemical engineering research & design. vol. 151.
- (2019) Optimal Operation and Control of Heat-to-Power Cycles: a New Perspective using a Systematic Plantwide Control Approach. Computer-aided chemical engineering. vol. 46.