Pierluigi SALVO ROSSI
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Pierluigi Salvo Rossi was born in Naples, Italy, on April 26, 1977.
He received the Dr.Eng. degree in telecommunications engineering (summa cum laude) and the Ph.D. degree in computer engineering in 2002 and 2005, respectively, both from the University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy.
From 2005 to 2008, he worked as a postdoc at the Department of Computer Science and Systems, University of Naples “Federico II”, Italy, at the Department of Information Engineering, Second University of Naples, Italy, and at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway. From 2008 to 2014, he was an assistant professor (tenured in 2011) in telecommunications with the Department of Industrial and Information Engineering, Second University of Naples, Italy. From 2014 to 2016, he was an associate professor in signal processing with the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU, Norway. From 2016 to 2017, he was a full professor in signal processing with the Department of Electronic Systems, NTNU, Norway. From 2017 to 2019, he was a principal engineer with the Department of Advanced Analytics and Machine Learning, Kongsberg Digital AS, Norway.
Since 2019 he is a full professor in statistical machine learning with the Department of Electronic Systems, NTNU, Norway and also the director of IoT@NTNU.
He held visiting appointments at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, US, at the Department of Electrical and Information Technology, Lund University, Sweden, at the Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, NTNU, Norway, and at the Excellence Center for Wireless Sensor Networks, Uppsala University, Sweden.
He is an IEEE senior member (since 2011). He serves as an executive editor for the IEEE Communications Letters (since 2019), an area editor for the IEEE Open Journal of the Communications Society (since 2019), an associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Signal and Information Processing over Networks (since 2019) and an associate editor for the IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communication (since 2015). He was a senior editor for the IEEE Communication Letters (from 2016 to 2019), an associate editor for the IEEE Communication Letters (from 2012 to 2016) and a Guest Editor for Elsevier Physical Communication (in 2012). He was awarded Exemplary Senior Editor for the IEEE Communications Letters (2018).
His research interests fall within the areas of communications, machine learning, and signal processing.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2015) A Systematic Framework for Composite Hypothesis Testing of Independent Bernoulli Trials. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. vol. 22 (9).
- (2015) Time-Domain Oversampled OFDM Communication in Doubly-Selective Underwater Acoustic Channels. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 19 (6).
- (2015) HMM-Based Decision Fusion in Wireless Sensor Networks with Noncoherent Multiple Access. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 19 (5).
- (2015) Energy Detection for MIMO Decision Fusion in Underwater Sensor Networks. IEEE Sensors Journal. vol. 15 (3).
- (2015) On Energy Detection for MIMO Decision Fusion in Wireless Sensor Networks over NLOS Fading. IEEE Communications Letters. vol. 19 (2).
- (2015) Power randomization for iterative detection over random-access fading channels. IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications. vol. 14 (10).
- (2014) Decision Fusion with Unknown Sensor Detection Probability. IEEE Signal Processing Letters. vol. 21 (2).
- (2014) Massive MIMO channel-aware decision fusion. IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing. vol. 63 (3).
- (2014) A dominance-based soft-input soft-output MIMO detector with near-optimal performance. IEEE Transactions on Communications. vol. 62 (12).