Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am an Associate Professor at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I hold a PhD in Economics from the Department of Economics at NTNU, with a doctoral thesis on the Macroeconomics of Natural Resources. My latest research is at the intersection between Public Economics, Labor Economics and Political Economy, with a focus on policy-relevant questions related to the «Nordic model» of economic development and welfare.
I teach Economics and Social Policy at the highly interdisciplinary department of Social Work at NTNU, giving lectures on issues related to the Economics of the Welfare State, Poverty and Development.
I am also a coordinator of the Young Scholar Initiative (YSI) working group on Political Economy of Europe of the Institute for New Economic Thinking (INET). Visit my INET webpage.
 Iacono R. (2018), “The Dutch Disease revisited: absorption constraint and learning by doing”, Portuguese Economic Journal, 17(1): 61-85. doi.org.10.1007/s10258-017-0137-x
 Iacono R. (2017), “Minimum Income Schemes in Europe: is there a trade-off with activation policies?”, IZA Journal of European Labor Studies; 6:1. doi.org.10.1186/s40174-016-0073-2
 Iacono R. (2017), "A comparison of fiscal rules for resource-rich economies", Economic Analysis and Policy, 55: 179-193. doi.org.10.1016/j.eap.2017.05.004
 Iacono R. (2016), “No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy”, Research in Economics, 70 (2): 346-359. doi.org.10.1016/j.rie.2015.03.003
 Iacono R. (2014), “On the interplay between intergenerational transfers and natural resources”, South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics, 12(2): 167-199.
 Iacono R. (2018), Review of "The Great Leveler: Violence and the History of Inequality from the Stone Age to the Twenty-First Century" by Walter Scheidel. LSE Review of Books.
More details on my papers can be found here:
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) A comparison of fiscal rules for resource-rich economies. Economic Analysis and Policy. vol. 55.
- (2017) Minimum income schemes in Europe: is there a trade-off with activation policies?. IZA Journal of European Labor Studies. vol. 6:1.
- (2017) The Dutch disease revisited: absorption constraint and learning by doing. Portuguese Economic Journal. vol. 17 (1).
- (2016) No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy. Research in Economics. vol. 70 (2).
- (2014) On the Interplay between Intergenerational Transfers and Natural Resources. South-Eastern Europe Journal of Economics.
- (2015) Essays on the Macroeconomics of Natural Resources. 2015. ISBN 9788232607624.
- (2017) The Nordic model and the oil nation. UiO Nordic 2017 . Universitet i Oslo; Oslo. 2017-03-20 - 2017-03-22.
- (2016) The Nordic Model and the Oil Nation. EEA-ESEM European Economic Association 31st Annual Conference ; Geneve. 2016-08-22 - 2016-08-26.
- (2015) No blessing, no curse? On the benefits of being a resource-rich southern region of Italy. Fourth Global Conference on Economic Geography 2015 . University of Oxford; Oxford. 2015-08-19 - 2015-08-22.
- (2014) On the interplay between Intergenerational Transfers and Natural Resources. 2nd International PhD Meeting of Thessaloniki in Economics ; 2014-06-27 - 2014-06-28.
- (2012) A comparison of fiscal rules for resource-rich economies. Spring Meeting of Young Economists (SMYE) . Centre for European Economic Research (ZEW); Mannheim. 2012-04-26 - 2012-04-28.