Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
My research at NTNU focuses on two related but still separate research topics. The first of those (Novel biomaterials for tissue engineering) originates from my previous research experience, long term research interests and strong local scientific environment at NTNU. The basic idea is rather simple: we apply inspiration from nature to get new degrees of freedom in design and fabrication of hydrogel based biomaterials. We focus on biomineralisation and alginate based hydrogels. The second research area which can be described under "Nanostructured devices for cell studies" aims at taking full advantage of stare-of-the-art nano- and µ-fabrication facilities (NTNU Nanolab) established at NTNU in 2009 .
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2016) Competitive ligand exchange of crosslinking ions for ionotropic hydrogel formation. Journal of materials chemistry. B. vol. 4 (37).
- (2016) DCPD-alginate composites: a bioactive material for bone tissue engineering. Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology.
- (2016) Controlled mineralisation and recrystallisation of brushite within alginate hydrogels. Biomedical Materials. vol. 11 (1).
- (2016) A correlative spatiotemporal microscale study of calcium phosphate formation and transformation within an alginate hydrogel matrix. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 44.
- (2016) Gelling kinetics and in situ mineralization of alginate hydrogels: A correlative spatiotemporal characterization toolbox. Acta Biomaterialia. vol. 44.
- (2016) Versatile, cell and chip friendly method to gel alginate in microfluidic devices. Lab on a Chip. vol. 16 (19).
- (2016) Transformation of brushite to hydroxyapatite and effects of alginate additives. Journal of Crystal Growth.
- (2015) Dissolution of copper mineral phases in biological fluids and the controlled release of copper ions from mineralized alginate hydrogels. Biomedical Materials. vol. 10 (1).
- (2015) Design and development of a 3D printed PLA tissue engineering scaffold functionalized with alginate microbeads. European Cells and Materials. vol. 29.
- (2015) Tunable high aspect ratio polymer nanostructures for cell interfaces. Nanoscale. vol. 7 (18).
- (2015) Seeing a mycobacterium-infected cell in nanoscale 3D: Correlative imaging by light microscopy and FIB/SEM tomography. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0134644 (9).
- (2015) Raman and SEM characterization of early stage calcium phosphate mineral formation in an alginate matrix. European Cells and Materials. vol. 29.
- (2015) Nucleation and Growth of Brushite in the Presence of Alginate. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 15 (11).
- (2015) Osteogenic differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells in mineralized alginate matrices. PLoS ONE. vol. 10 (3).
- (2014) Biochemical and Structural Characterization of Neocartilage Formed by Mesenchymal Stem Cells in Alginate Hydrogels. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (3).
- (2013) Patterned cell arrays and patterned co-cultures on polydopamine-modified poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogels. Biofabrication. vol. 5 (4).
- (2013) The Structure of Cross-beta Tapes and Tubes Formed by an Octapeptide, alpha S beta 1. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. vol. 52 (8).
- (2013) A Transparent Nanowire-Based Cell Impalement Device Suitable for Detailed Cell-Nanowire Interaction Studies. Small. vol. 9 (2).
- (2013) Identification of functional structures in tissue engineered cartilage: from nm to macro scale. European Cells and Materials. vol. 26.
- (2012) Properties and cell compatibility of mineralized alginate hydrogel beads. European Cells and Materials. vol. 23.