Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I coordinate the NTNU Internet of Things Lab, and work in the interdisciplinary research group for Autonomous, Adaptive Sensing. I am currently working on applying statistical methods and machine learning in the constrained settings of Internet of Things systems.
- NTNU Internet of Things Lab
- NTNU Telenor Artificial Intelligence Lab
- Energy Efficient Computing Systems
- Autonomous, Adaptive Sensing
Current PhD students:
- Victor Wattin Håkansson (together with Stefan Werner and Ingelin Steinsland)
- Anders Eivind Bråten
- Nattachart Tamkittikhun
I am responsible for the following courses:
And participate in the following teaching activities:
I use team-based learning in my courses. You can read an article about one of my courses here (in Norwegian). It’s an active learning form using flipped classroom principles. At Læringsfestivalen 2016 I gave a talk with practical tips for team-based learning together with Børge Lillebo. The slides are here (in Norwegian). Since many ask me about resources on team-based learning and tips, I collect some of them here. Courses are different and not everything will work for everyone, so I am careful when recommending anything. However, team-based learning is easy to try out. You will most probably observe its effect on your students within a single session. This happened in my case, and from then on I decided to continue. I recommend the following resources on team-based learning:
- Team-based Learning website. Lots of good resources and introduction material.
- A seminar on team-based learning, by Michael Sweet. Part 1 and Part 2. This is a long seminar on video, but worth every minute once you want to know more about the details.
- The book Team-Based Learning from Larry K. (EDT) Michaelsen, Arletta Bauman Knight, L. Dee Fink, 2004
- The book Team-Based Learning: Small-Group Learning’s Next Big Step from Larry K. Michaelsen, Michael Sweet, Dean X. Parmelee, 2009
- I wrote an article for Læringsfestivalen in Læring for Læring, Vol.1.1, 2017, available here. There is also a video of the corresponding talk.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Team-Based Learning: A Practical Approach for an Engineering Class. Læring om læring. vol. 1 (1).
- (2017) Fog Computing in Healthcare – A Review and Discussion. IEEE Access. vol. 5.
- (2017) Machine Learning in IoT for Autonomous, Adaptive Sensing. ERCIM News. vol. 2017 (110).
- (2016) A Measurement-Driven Approach to Understand Urban Greenhouse Gas Emissions in Nordic Cities. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2013) Model-Driven Engineering of Reliable Fault-Tolerant Systems-A State-of-the-Art Survey. Advances in Computers. vol. 91.
- (2012) Behavioral Singletons to Consistently Handle Global States of Security Patterns. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 7272.
- (2012) Towards Automatic Generation of Formal Specifications to Validate and Verify Reliable Distributed Systems. SIGPLAN notices. vol. 47 (3).
- (2011) A Tool-Supported Method for the Design and Implementation of Secure Distributed Applications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6542/2011.
- (2011) Modeling a Distributed Intrusion Detection System Using Collaborative Building Blocks. Software engineering notes. vol. 36 (1).
- (2011) Engineering Android Applications based on UML Activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 6981.
- (2011) Unified Modeling of Service Logic with User Interfaces. International journal of intelligent and cooperative information systems. vol. 20 (2).
- (2010) Reactive Semantics for Distributed UML Activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2009) Towards the Integration of Security Aspects into System Development Using Collaboration-Oriented Models. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 58.
- (2009) Automatic Generation of Compatible Interfaces from Partitioned UML Activities. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 5719.
- (2009) Compositional Service Engineering with Arctis. Telektronikk. vol. 105 (1.2009).
- (2009) Automated Encapsulation of UML Activities for Incremental Development and Verification. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 5795.
- (2009) Tool Support for the Rapid Composition, Analysis and Implementation of Reactive Services. Journal of Systems and Software. vol. 82 (12).
- (2007) Design of Trusted Systems with Reusable Collaboration Models. IFIP International Federation for Information Processing. vol. 238.
- (2007) Synthesizing Components with Sessions from Collaboration-Oriented Service Specifications. Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- (2007) Transforming Collaborative Service Specifications into Efficiently Executable State Machines. Electronic Communications of the EASST.