Heidi Rapp Nilsen
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Heidi’s overall research theme is sustainability applied on the different spheres; ethics, investments, circular economics, corporate social responsibility and project management. She works as an associate professor in the Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, at the Experts in Teamwork section. Prior to this she held a position as postdoctoral researcher at NTNU Oceans, at the Faculty of Humanities and the pilot program HAVANSVAR.
Heidi holds a master’s degree in economics from the University of Bergen, and a PhD from Nord University Business School, at the centre of Ecological Economics and Ethics. She is an experienced researcher and project leader with background from the research institute Norut, which is now part of NORCE. Heidi is lecturing in themes like sustainability, applied ethics, corporate social responsibility, and other management related subjects – at different faculties and universities - and outside academia. She has also worked with these themes in two UN organizations; the Food and Agriculture organization (FAO), and at the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO).
Some externally funded R&D projects:
Sustainable Market Actors for Responsible Trade (SMART), https://www.smart.uio.no/
Industry water-utility symbiosis for a smarter water society (ULTIMATE), funded by H2020
Marine Plastic Waste in the Arctic (MARP)
Barents Sea Drill Cuttings research initiative (BARCUT), http://site.uit.no/ewma/barcut/
Samarbeid om etisk kompetanseheving (Cooperation for increased competence in ethical reflection), by KS
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Staying within planetary boundaries as a premise for sustainability: On the responsibility to address counteracting sustainable development goals. Etikk i praksis. vol. 14 (1).
- (2020) Studenter fra ulike fag og land, og inndeling i diskusjonsgrupper om bærekraft og verdier. Læring om læring. vol. 5 (1).
- (2019) The hierarchy of resource use for a sustainable circular economy. International Journal of Social Economics. vol. 47 (1).
- (2019) Bærekraft, etikk og profitt – Statens pensjonsfond utland i møte med den globale økologiske krisen. Nytt Norsk Tidsskrift. vol. 36 (4).
- (2019) Lost in motivation? The case of a Norwegian community healthcare project on ethical reflection. Cogent Business & Management. vol. 6:1632045.
- (2019) The Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global. Risk Based versus Ethical Investments. Quarterly Journal of Economic Research. vol. 88 (1).
- (2018) Systematisk etikkarbeid krever lederforankring. Tidsskrift for omsorgsforskning. vol. 4 (1).
- (2018) With license to pollute: Stakeholders suggestions of environmental improvements regarding drilling waste in the Barents Sea. Barents Studies. vol. 5 (1).
- (2018) Investing in Sustainability or Feeding on Stranded Assets? The Norwegian Government Pension Fund Global. Wake Forest Law Review. vol. 52 (4).
- (2017) A broad alliance of civil society organizations on climate change mitigation: political Strength or legitimizing support?. Journal of Civil Society. vol. 14 (1).
- (2016) Wine Sector: Companies' Performance and Green Economy as a Means of Societal Marketing. Journal of Promotion Management. vol. 22 (2).
- (2015) The power of environmental indifference. A critical discourse analysis of a collaboration of tourism firms. Ecological Economics. vol. 109.
- (2011) Håp, engasjement - men kommer det flere folk?. Plan: Tidsskrift for samfunnsplanlegging, byplan og regional utvikling. vol. 6.
- (2010) Overlapping consensus versus discourse in climate change policy: The case of Norway's Sovereign Wealth Fund. Environmental Science and Policy. vol. 13 (2).
- (2010) The joint discourse 'reflexive sustainable development' - From weak towards strong sustainable development. Ecological Economics. vol. 69 (3).
- (2008) Carbon capture and storage in the light of circulation economics. International Journal of Social Economics. vol. 35 (01.feb).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2021) CSR in the Norwegian Context. Sovereign Wealth Funds, Local Content Policies and CSR.
- (2020) Sirkulær økonomi. Etter oljen: Vår bioøkonomiske fremtid.
- (2007) Climate change and the petroleum industry: Analyzing an environmental value chain for CO2. Bourmistrov, A.og Mellemvik F. (eds.), Norwegian-Russian Cooperation in Business Education and Research: Visions and Challenges in Perspectives of the High North.
- (2021) 'Bidrag til Amnestys argumentsamling om oljefondet og forhåndsfiltrering', i rapporten fra Amnesty: "Oljefondets nye etiske rammeverk - rigget for framtiden?". 2021.