Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Elena Scibilia (Kuznetsova) is a Researcher at the Department of Civil and Environmental engineering at NTNU. She has master degree (in geology/geocryology) (2008) and PhD (in engineering geology, hydrology and geocryology) (2011) from Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia.
- transport infrastructure
- crushed rock aggregates
- frost protection of roads and railways
- frost heave and frost susceptibility
- permafrost and frozen soils
- thermal properties of soils
- volcanic ash and amorphous clays
Recent Work Experience
2017- Research scientist, NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology), Trondheim, Norway
2014 – 2016 Postdoctoral fellow, NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology), Trondheim, Norway
2012– 2013 Research scientist, SINTEF Building and Infrastructure, Trondheim, Norway
2019-2020 – project leader. 0-4 mm fraksjon: Bruksmulighet for finfraksjon fra pukkproduksjon – frostsikringslag financed by Norwegian aggregates’ producers
2018-2020 – Project leader, students’ coordinator. RuNoCORE: Russian-Norwegian research-based education in cold regions engineering financed by the Norwegian Center for International Cooperation in Education (SIU). Total budget: NOK 2 000 000
2018-2021 – coordinator. FROSEN CANOEs: Landscape and Infrastructure dynamics of frozen environments undergoing climate change in Canada, Norway and Svalbard financed by the Research Council of Norway (RCN)
2015-2019 – Project leader, research, PhD supervision. FROST: Frost protection of roads and railways project funded by the Research Council of Norway. Total budget NOK 10 000 000
2013 - Project manager, research. WP6 "Benchmarking, measures, and standardization", EU funded project PANTURA – Low-disturbance sustainable urban construction
Since 2018 SN/K 005 Tilslag, Standard Norge
Since 2017 Teknisk Byggeråstoffkomite Norsk Bergindustri
Since 2016 Steering committee Frost I Jord
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Establishment of Intrinsic Permeability of Coarse Open-Graded Materials: Review and Analysis of Existing Data from Natural Air Convection Tests. Minerals. vol. 10 (9).
- (2019) Infiltration Response of Adsorbent Amended Filters for Stormwater Management under Freezing/Thawing Conditions. Water. vol. 11 (12).
- (2019) Laboratory investigations into convective heat transfer in road construction materials. Canadian geotechnical journal (Print).
- (2019) Modelling the Nu-Ra relationship to establish the intrinsic permeability of coarse open-graded materials from natural air convection tests in a 1 m3 cell. International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer. vol. 135.
- (2017) Thermal conductivity and the unfrozen water contents of volcanic ash deposits in cold climate conditions: A review. Clays and clay minerals. vol. 65 (3).
- (2016) Relevant Petrological Properties and their Repercussions on the Final use of Aggregates. Energy Procedia. vol. 97.
- (2016) Resource management and a best available concept for aggregate sustainability. Geological Society Special Publication. vol. 416 (1).
- (2016) FROST – Frost Protection of Roads and Railways. Mineralproduksjon. vol. 7.
- (2016) Behaviour of crushed rock aggregates used in asphalt surface layer exposed to cold climate conditions. Environmental Earth Sciences. vol. 75 (21).
- (2014) Weathering of volcanic ash in the cryogenic zone of Kamchatka, eastern Russia. Clay minerals. vol. 49.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2019) Frost Heave Laboratory Investigation on Crushed Rock Aggregates. Cold Regions Engineering 2019.
- (2019) Frost Depth and Frost Protection Capacity of Crushed Rock Aggregates Based on Particle Size Distribution. Cold Regions Engineering 2019.
- (2019) In Situ Thermal Performance of Lightweight Aggregates Expanded Clay and Foam Glass in Road Structures. Cold Regions Engineering 2019.
- (2017) Evaluation of Norwegian gradation based regulation for frost susceptibility of crushed rock aggregates in roads and railways. Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfield.
- (2017) Laboratory investigations of thermal properties of crushed rock materials. Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfield.
- (2014) Environmental Impact and Sustainability in Aggregate Production and Use. Engineering Geology for Society and Territory - Volume 5 : Urban Geology, Sustainable Planning and Landscape Exploitation.
- (2013) Thermal properties of volcanic ash and pumice. Mineral deposit research for a high-tech world. Proceedings of the 12th Biennial SGA Meeting.
- (2013) Volcanic materials for construction purposes in cold regions. NGF Vinterkonferansen 2013. Oslo, 8-20. January, 2013. NGF Abstracts and Proceedings of the Geological Society of Norway 1 (2013).
- (2012) Impact of Mineral Composition on Heat-Conducting Properties of Frozen Volcanic Ashes from Kamchatka. Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Permafrost : Salekhard, Yamal-Nenets Autonomous District, Russia June 25–29, 2012.