Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am a research fellow in the Department of Art and Media Studies at the University of Science and technology in Trondheim (NTNU). The working title for my dissertation is "The Impact of Digital Media on Contemporary Performance: How Digital Media Challenge Theatrical Conventions in Multimedia Theatre, Telematic and Pervasive Performance ". It investigates how and to what ends technological artifacts and applications have reconfigured contemporary theatre and performance, and the ways by which they create and communicate meaning.
I am also a lecturer in the department, teaching courses in BA and MA level, such as "Devised Theatre", "New Dramaturgies", "Research Methods and Aesthetics" and "Game Design".
You can see more on my practical work on performance and gaming here: http://www.elenaperezrodriguez.com
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2015) The Expansion of Theatrical Space and the Role of the Spectator. Nordic Theatre Studies. vol. 26 (2).
- (2014) Academic research and artistic practice in Chain Reaction: Methodology on Two Levels. InFormation - Nordic Journal of Art and Research. vol. 3 (1).
- (2014) Experiential documentation in pervasive performance: the democratization of the archive. International Journal of Performance Arts and Digital Media. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) Fostering participation through ubiquitous media in pervasive performance. Ubiquity. The journal of pervasive media. vol. 3 (1 and 1).
- (2014) Meaningful connections: Exploring the uses of telematic technology in performance. Liminalities - a journal of performance studies. vol. 10 (1).
- (2014) The expansion of theatrical space and the role of the spectator :. Nordic Theatre Studies. vol. 26 (2).
- (2013) Performance meets games: considering interaction strategies in game design. Digital Creativity. vol. 24 (2).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2008) The language of digital media in the theatre of Robert Lepage. ARTECH 2008.