Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
The research interests of my group are in the area of plant cell wall biology. We are analysing signalling processes during cell wall integrity maintenance, investigating carbohydrate metabolism and aiming to understand the processes determining plant cell wall composition and structure. Structure and composition are important because they determine the efficiency of bioenergy production from biomass and the ability of food crops to resist biotic and abiotic stress.
More information can be found here:
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Functional characterization of genes mediating cell wall metabolism and responses to plant cell wall integrity impairment. BMC Plant Biology. vol. 19 (320).
- (2019) Plant cell wall integrity maintenance in model plants and crop species-relevant cell wall components and underlying guiding principles. Cellular and Molecular Life Sciences (CMLS).
- (2019) Cell wall integrity maintenance during plant development and interaction with the environment. Nature Plants. vol. 5 (9).
- (2018) The plant cell wall integrity maintenance and immune signaling systems cooperate to control stress responses in Arabidopsis thaliana. Science Signaling. vol. 11 (536).
- (2018) Cell wall integrity modulates Arabidopsis thaliana cell cycle gene expression in a cytokinin- and nitrate reductase-dependent manner. Development. vol. 145 (19).
- (2018) Outside-in control - does plant cell wall integrity regulate cell cycle progression?. Physiologia Plantarum : An International Journal for Plant Biology. vol. 164 (1).
- (2017) Dirigent proteins in plants: modulating cell wall metabolism during abiotic and biotic stress exposure. Journal of Experimental Botany. vol. 68 (13).
- (2017) The Arabidopsis leucine-rich repeat receptor kinase MIK2/LRR-KISS connects cell wall integrity sensing, root growth and response to abiotic and biotic stresses. PLoS Genetics. vol. 13 (6).
- (2015) The plant cell wall integrity maintenance mechanism - A case study of a cell wall plasma membrane signaling network. Phytochemistry. vol. 112 (1).
- (2015) The plant cell wall integrity maintenance mechanism - Concepts for organization and mode of action. Plant and Cell Physiology. vol. 56 (2).
- (2014) Chp8, a diguanylate cyclase from pseudomonas syringae pv. Tomato DC3000, suppresses the pathogen-associated molecular pattern flagellin, increases extracellular polysaccharides, and promotes plant immune evasion. mBio. vol. 5 (3).
- (2014) An update on receptor-like kinase involvement in the maintenance of plant cell wall integrity. Annals of Botany. vol. 114 (6).