Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am professor in science and technology studies and head of NTNU's Centre for Technology and Society. I have a PhD in sociology from Frankfurt University and a master in sociology (major), political science and German language and literature (minors) from Frankfurt University.
- sustainable innovation
- technology use in everyday life
- energy efficiency in the built environment
- infrastructures and agency
Selected research projects
FME Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhoods 2017-2025 (key researcher "end user research" and Living labs coordinator)
The Research Centre on Zero Emission Buildings 2009-2017 (Leader Work Package 4: "Use, operation and implementation")
Methodologies For Improvement Of Non-Residential Buildings' Day-To-Day Energy-Efficiency Reliability, 2013-2016 (MINDER, Project leader)
- Towards Carbom Neutral Settlements, 2009-2012 (Work package coordinator)
- Paradoxes of Design, 2007-2010 (senior researcher, project leader)
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Emerging circular economies: Discourse coalitions in a Norwegian case. Sustainable Production and Consumption. vol. 26C.
- (2020) Identifying and addressing reverse salients in infrastructural change. The case of a small zero emission campus in Southern Norway. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. vol. 21.
- (2020) Citizen participation in Steinkjer: Stories about the "old NRK building at Lø". IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 588.
- (2019) FM perceptions on occupant impact and the shaping of occupant engagement practice. Facilities. vol. 37 (11/12).
- (2019) Transforming Ecosystems: Facilitating Sustainable Innovations Through the Lineage of Exploratory Projects. Project Management Journal. vol. 50 (5).
- (2019) Living labs in a zero emission neighbourhood context. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2018) Domestication, acceptance and zero emission ambitions: Insights from a mixed method, experimental research design in a Norwegian Living Lab. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 39.
- (2018) Occupant engagement in the office environment: role assumptions about the building manager. Facilities. vol. 36 (11/12).
- (2018) Occupant engagement in the office environment: role assumptions about the building manager. Facilities. vol. 36 (10/11).
- (2017) Boundary Objects As Facilitators in Sustainable Building Research. Science and Public Policy.
- (2017) Planning story lines in smart grid road maps (2010–2014): three types of maps for coordinated time travel. Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning. vol. 19 (2).
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 32.
- (2015) A traveler’s guide to smart grids and the social sciences. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2014) Introducing the MINDER research project: Methodologies for Improvement of Non-residential buildings' Daily Energy Efficiency Reliability. EuroFM Journal - International Journal of Facilities Management.
- (2014) Architecture as a strategy for reduced energy consumption? An in-depth analysis of residential practices' influence on the energy performance of passive houses. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 3 (3).
- (2013) “In the morning I just need a long, hot shower:” a sociological exploration of energy sensibilities in Norwegian bathrooms. Sustainability: Science, Practice, & Policy. vol. 9 (1).
- (2013) Passive House at the Crossroads: The Past and the Present of a Voluntary Standard That Managed to Bridge the Energy Efficiency Gap. Energy Policy.
- (2013) Success for energy efficient renovation of dwellings - Learning from private homeowners. Energy Policy. vol. 61.
- (2013) The Interaction between Building and Users in Passive and Zero-Energy Housing and Offices: The Role of Interfaces, Knowledge and User Commitment. Smart and Sustainable Built Environment. vol. 2 (1).
- (2012) Energy and buildings research: challenges from the new production of knowledge. Building Research & Information. vol. 40 (4).