Simen Andreas Ådnøy Ellingsen
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Fluid dynamics: Waves, wave-current interactions
Fluid dynamics: Micro- and Optofluidics
Fluid dynamics: Turbulence
Quantum mechanics: Casimir & Casimir-Polder forces
- Member of the Young Academy of Norway (Adademiet for Yngre Forskere)
- Outstanding Academic Fellow of NTNU (Stjerneprogrammet), 2018-2021
- Prize to outstanding young researchers from the Royal Norwegian Society of Sciences and Letters (2011)
- Exxon Mobil prize for best PhD thesis at NTNU in basic research (2011)
- Best Junior paper award, QFEXT09 (2009)
Member & Principal composer of prog rock band Shamblemaths
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Langmuir-type vortices in wall-bounded flows driven by a criss-cross wavy wall topography. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 900.
- (2020) Path-Following Methods for Calculating Linear Surface Wave Dispersion Relations on Vertical Shear Flows. Water Waves. vol. 2.
- (2019) Sheared free-surface flow over three-dimensional obstructions of finite amplitude. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 878.
- (2019) Weakly nonlinear transient waves on a shear current: ring waves and skewed Langmuir rolls. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 863.
- (2019) A Framework for Modeling Linear Surface Waves on Shear Currents in Slowly Varying Waters. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 124 (4).
- (2019) Transient wave resistance upon a real shear current. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 73.
- (2019) The Error in Predicted Phase Velocity of Surface Waves atop a Shear Current with Uncertainty. Water Waves. vol. 2.
- (2019) Observation of surface wave patterns modified by sub-surface shear currents. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 873.
- (2019) An Improved Method for Determining Near‐Surface Currents From Wave Dispersion Measurements. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 124 (12).
- (2017) Approximate Dispersion Relations for Waves on Arbitrary Shear Flows. Journal of Geophysical Research (JGR): Oceans. vol. 122 (12).
- (2017) Surface waves on currents with arbitrary vertical shear. Physics of Fluids. vol. 29 (4).
- (2016) Oblique waves on a vertically sheared current are rotational. European journal of mechanics. B, Fluids. vol. 56.
- (2016) Oscillating line source in a shear flow with a free surface: critical layer-like contributions. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 798.
- (2016) Waves from an oscillating point source with a free surface in the presence of a shear current. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 798.
- (2016) Multiple resonances of a moving oscillating surface disturbance on a shear current. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 808.
- (2016) Ship waves on uniform shear current at finite depth: Wave resistance and critical velocity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 791.
- (2015) Three-body effects in Casimir-Polder repulsion. Physical Review A. Atomic, Molecular, and Optical Physics (PRA). vol. 91 (4).
- (2014) Initial surface disturbance on a shear current: The Cauchy-Poisson problem with a twist. Physics of Fluids. vol. 26.
- (2014) Ship waves in the presence of uniform vorticity. Journal of Fluid Mechanics. vol. 742 (4).
- (2014) How linear surface waves are affected by a current with constant vorticity. European Journal of Physics. vol. 35.