Paul Jarle Mork
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Paul Jarle Mork (1969) er professor ved Institutt for samfunnsmedisin og sykepleie (ISM) og medlem av forskningsgruppen for muskel- og skjelett.
Mork sin forskningsaktivitet er spesielt rettet mot å forstå hvordan fysisk aktivitet og søvn påvirker risiko for sykdom og hvordan fysisk aktivitet kan brukes i behandling av ulike helseplager og sykdom – spesielt muskel- og skjelettplager.
Mork er prosjektleder for de objektive målingene av fysisk aktivitet og søvn som var del av den fjerde runden av Helseundersøkelsen i Nord-Trøndelag (HUNT4). Videre er han leder og koordinator for EU prosjektet selfBACK og partner i EU prosjektet Back-UP.
En oversikt over pågående prosjekter finner du her.
Se engelsk side for mer informasjon.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Usability and Acceptability of an App (SELFBACK) to Support Self-Management of Low Back Pain: Mixed Methods Study. JMIR Rehabilitation and Assistive Technologies. vol. 7 (2).
- (2020) App-Delivered Self-Management Intervention Trial selfBACK for People With Low Back Pain: Protocol for Implementation and Process Evaluation. JMIR Research Protocols. vol. 9 (10).
- (2020) A digital decision support system (selfBACK) for improved self-management of low back pain: a pilot study with 6-week follow-up. BMC Pilot and Feasibility Studies. vol. 6 (72).
- (2020) Number of Chronic Nighttime Insomnia Symptoms and Risk of Chronic Widespread Pain and Pain-Related Disability: The HUNT Study. Nature and Science of Sleep.
- (2020) Periodized resistance training for persistent non-specific low back pain: a mixed methods feasibility study. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation. vol. 12 (1).
- (2020) Clustering of Physical Behaviour Profiles using Knowledge-intensive Similarity Measures. Proceedings of the 12th International Conference on Agents and Artificial Intelligence - (Volume 2).
- (2020) Family History Influences the Effectiveness of Home Exercise in Older People With Chronic Low Back Pain: A Secondary Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. vol. 101 (8).
- (2020) Association between objectively measured physical behaviour and neck- and/or low back pain: a systematic review. European Journal of Pain. vol. 24.
- (2019) Comparison of physical behavior estimates from three different thigh-worn accelerometers brands: A proof-of-concept for the Prospective Physical Activity, Sitting, and Sleep consortium (ProPASS). International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity. vol. 16:65.
- (2019) An App-Delivered Self-Management Program for People With Low Back Pain: Protocol for the selfBACK Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 8 (12).
- (2019) Influence of sleep problems and co-occurring musculoskeletal pain on long-term prognosis of chronic low back pain: the HUNT Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health.
- (2019) The interplay between sleeplessness and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein on risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain: longitudinal data from the Tromsø Study. Sleep. vol. 42 (9).
- (2019) The joint effect of insomnia symptoms and lifestyle factors on risk of self-reported fibromyalgia in women: longitudinal data from the HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 9 (8).
- (2019) Work-Related Mental Fatigue, Physical Activity and Risk of Insomnia Symptoms: Longitudinal Data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. Behavioural Sleep Medicine.
- (2019) Emerging collaborative research platforms for the next generation of physical activity, sleep and exercise medicine guidelines: the Prospective Physical Activity, Sitting, and Sleep consortium (ProPASS). British Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 54 (8).
- (2019) Development of grip strength during the first year after stroke. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (4).
- (2019) Similarity measure development for case-based reasoning-a data-driven approach. Communications in Computer and Information Science. vol. 1056 CCIS.
- (2018) Influence of family history on prognosis of spinal pain and the role of leisure time physical activity and body mass index: A prospective study using family-linkage data from the Norwegian HUNT study. BMJ Open. vol. 8:e022785 (10).
- (2018) Design of a clinician dashboard to facilitate co-decision making in the management of non-specific low back pain. Journal of Intelligent Information Systems.
- (2018) Muscle Activity in Upper-Body Single-Joint Resistance Exercises with Elastic Resistance Bands vs. Free Weights. Journal of Human Kinetics. vol. 61 (1).
- (2018) Can socioeconomic health differences be explained by physical activity at work and during leisure time? Rationale and protocol of the active worker individual participant meta-analysis. BMJ Open. vol. 8 (10).
- (2018) Resistance training vs general physical exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of chronic neck pain: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 50 (8).
- (2018) Resistance band training or general exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of low back pain? A randomized trial. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 28 (9).
- (2018) A Decision Support System to Enhance Self-Management of Low Back Pain: Protocol for the selfBACK Project. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 7 (7).
- (2018) Improved cardiorespiratory fitness after occupational rehabilitation in merged diagnostic groups. Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (AOEM). vol. 30:16.
- (2018) The associations of sitting time and physical activity on total and site-specific cancer incidence: Results from the HUNT study, Norway. PLOS ONE. vol. 13:e0206015 (10).
- (2018) Objectively measured occupational and leisure-time physical activity: cross-sectional associations with sleep problems. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 44 (2).
- (2018) The joint association of musculoskeletal pain and domains of physical activity with sleep problems: cross-sectional data from the DPhacto study, Denmark. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health.
- (2018) Physical work exposure, chronic musculoskeletal pain and risk of insomnia: longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
- (2018) Insomnia and risk of chronic musculoskeletal complaints: longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 19:128.
- (2018) Test-retest reliability of a handheld dynamometer for measurement of isometric cervical muscle strength. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. vol. 31 (3).
- (2018) Modelling Similarity for Comparing Physical Activity Profiles - A Data-Driven Approach. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 11156 LNAI.
- (2018) Parental chronic widespread pain and the association with chronic widespread pain in adult offspring: Family-linkage data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. European Journal of Pain. vol. 22 (8).
- (2017) Multiple-joint exercises using elastic resistance bands vs. conventional resistance-training equipment: A cross-over study. European Journal of Sport Science. vol. 17 (8).
- (2017) Resistance training in addition to multidisciplinary rehabilitation for patients with chronic pain in the low back: Study protocol. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communications. vol. 6.
- (2017) Digital support interventions for the self-management of low back pain: A systematic review. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 19 (5).
- (2017) The influence of multisite pain and psychological comorbidity on prognosis of chronic low back pain: longitudinal data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. BMJ Open. vol. 7 (5).
- (2017) Prevalence and pattern of co-occuring musculoskeletal pain and its association with back-related disability among people with persistent low back pain: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews. vol. 6 (1).
- (2017) Evolutionary inspired adaptation of exercise plans for increasing solution variety. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 10339 LNAI.
- (2017) Sleep positions and nocturnal body movements based on free-living accelerometer recordings: association with demographics, lifestyle, and insomnia symptoms. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 9.
- (2017) Do physical activity and body mass index modify the association between chronic musculoskeletal pain and insomnia? Longitudinal data from the HUNT study, Norway. Journal of Sleep Research. vol. 27.
- (2017) Prevalence and pattern of co-occurring musculoskeletal pain and its association with back-related disability among people with persistent low back pain: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews.
- (2016) Case Representation and Similarity Assessment in the SELFBACK Decision Support System. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 9969 LNCS.
- (2016) Micro movements of the upper limb in fibromyalgia: The relation to proprioceptive accuracy and visual feedback. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 26.
- (2016) Psychosocial work stress, leisure time physical exercise and the risk of chronic pain in the neck/shoulders: Longitudinal data from the Norwegian HUNT study. International Journal of Occupational Medicine and Environmental Health. vol. 29 (4).
- (2016) Familial Risk of Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain and the Importance of Physical Activity and Body Mass Index: Prospective Data from the HUNT Study, Norway. PLOS ONE. vol. 11 (4).
- (2015) Aerobic and cardiovascular autonomic adaptations to moderate intensity endurance exercise in patients with fibromyalgia. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 47 (7).
- (2015) Neck/upper back and low back pain in parents and their adult offspring: Family linkage data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. European Journal of Pain. vol. 19 (6).
- (2014) Should physical activity recommendation depend on state of low back pain?. European Journal of Pain. vol. 18 (4).
- (2014) Hours lying down per day and mortality from all-causes and cardiovascular disease: the HUNT Study, Norway. European Journal of Epidemiology (EJE). vol. 29 (8).
- (2014) Parental chronic pain in relation to chronic pain in their adult offspring: Family-linkage within the HUNT Study, Norway. BMC Public Health. vol. 14 (1).
- (2014) Sleep problems, exercise and obesity and risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain: The Norwegian HUNT study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 24 (6).
- (2013) Metabolic rate, cardiac response, and aerobic capacity in fibromyalgia: A case-control study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 42 (5).
- (2013) Occupational physical activity, mentabolic syndrome andr risk of death from all causes and cardiovascular disease in the HUNT 2 cohort study. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 70 (2).
- (2013) Physical exercise, body mass index and risk of chronic arm pain: Longitudinal data on an adult population in Norway. European Journal of Pain. vol. 17 (8).
- (2013) Heart rate variability in fibromyalgia patients and healthy controls during non-REM and REM sleep: a case–control study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 42 (6).
- (2013) Trapezius activity of fibromyalgia patients is enhanced in stressful situations, but is similar to healthy controls in a quiet naturalistic setting: a case-control study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 14.
- (2012) Upper limb position control in fibromyalgia. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 13 (186).
- (2012) Effect of body mass index and physical exercise on risk of knee and hip osteoarthritis: longitudinal data from the Norwegian HUNT Study. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. vol. 66 (8).
- (2012) Sleep problems and risk of fibromyalgia: Longitudinal data on an adult female population in Norway. Arthritis and Rheumatism. vol. 64 (1).
- (2012) Sleep problems and risk of fibromyalgia-untenable conclusions: comment on the article by Mork et al Reply. Arthritis and Rheumatism. vol. 64 (5).
- (2012) The effect of warm-up and cool-down exercise on delayed onset muscle soreness in the quadriceps muscle: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Human Kinetics. vol. 35.
- (2012) Catecholamines and heart rate in female fibromyalgia patients. Journal of Psychosomatic Research. vol. 72 (1).
- (2012) Comparison of the cortisol awakening response in women with shoulder and neck pain and women with fibromyalgia. Psychoneuroendocrinology. vol. 37 (2).
- (2012) Effect of core stability exercises on feedforward activation of deep abdominal muscles in chronic low back pain: A randomized controlled trial. Spine. vol. 37 (13).
- (2011) Physical Exercise, Body Mass Index, and Risk of Chronic Pain in the Low Back and Neck/Shoulders: Longitudinal Data From the Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. American Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 174 (3).
- (2011) The effect of delayed onset of muscle soreness on habitual trapezius activity. European Journal of Pain. vol. 15 (6).
- (2010) The use of EMG biofeedback for learning of selective activation of intra-muscular parts within the serratus anterior muscle: A novel approach for rehabilitation of scapular muscle imbalance. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 20 (2).
- (2010) Association between physical exercise, body mass index, and risk of fibromyalgia: Longitudinal data from the Norwegian Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Arthritis Care and Research. vol. 62 (5).
- (2010) The stress systems in women with fibromyalgia are dysregulated. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 17.
- (2010) Fibromyalgia syndrome is associated with hypocortisolism. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 17 (3).
- (2010) Location and sequence of muscle onset in deep abdominal muscles measured by different modes of ultrasound imaging. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 20 (5).
- (2009) Selective activation of neuromuscular compartments within the human trapezius muscle. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 19 (5).
- (2009) Back posture and low back muscle activity in female computer workers: A field study. Clinical Biomechanics. vol. 24 (2).
- (2009) The effect of an intensive exercise programme on leg function in chronic stroke patients: a pilot study with one-year follow-up. Clinical Rehabilitation. vol. 23 (9).
- (2007) The influence of body posture, arm movement, and work stress on trapezius activity during computer work. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 101 (4).
- (2006) Low-amplitude trapezius activity in work and leisure and the relation to shoulder and neck pain. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 100.
- (2006) Muscle activity onset in the lumbar multifidus muscle recorded simultaneously by ultrasound imaging and intramuscular electromyography. Clinical Biomechanics. vol. 21 (9).
- (2005) Long-term electromyographic activity in upper trapezius and low back muscles of women with moderate physical activity. Journal of applied physiology. vol. 99.
- (2004) Firing patterns of low-threshold trapezius motor units in feedback-controlled contractions and vocational motor activities. Experimental Brain Research. vol. 158 (4).
- (2004) The association between nocturnal trapezius muscle activity and shoulder and neck pain. European Journal of Applied Physiology. vol. 92.
- (2003) Data mining of motor patterns recorded with wearable technology: Utilizing self-organizing maps to manage large data sets gathered in the field. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine. vol. 22.