Emne - Evaluation of Physical Activity - PAH3005
PAH3005 - Evaluation of Physical Activity
Vurderingsordning: Written examination
|Written examination||100/100||4 timer||E|
Assessing physical activity is of paramount importance to investigate physical activity related health risks and to evaluate interventions for disease prevention and health promotion in the general population and specific age- and target groups. Moreover, with proper feedback, it can be a useful tool to improve physical activity and movement in individuals and groups. Examples of questions involving evaluation of physical activity are: Was I active enough today to keep my good health? Does the prescribed intervention improve physical activity during daily life? Is the workload too high or monotone to keep specific working populations, patients and athletes in good health?
The course provides knowledge about how assessment of physical activity can be used in disease prevention, health promotion, (re)habilitation and sports. The course provides skills on data collection, signal analysis and interpretation of results of physical activity in daily life.
- has advanced knowledge about different methods for evaluating physical activity
- has advanced knowledge about how evaluation of physical activity can be used in disease prevention, health promotion and performance enhancement in daily life activities
- has advanced knowledge about how evaluation of physical activity can be used to facilitate behavioral change in individuals and groups
- can describe and discuss different methods for physical activity assessment used in mobile health solutions
- can interpret and report different outcomes of physical activity assessment
- can apply different methods in physical activity assessment for early diagnosis, risk assessment, and evaluation of interventions
- can present a project plan and project results in oral and written form
- can reflect on ethical issues related to the use of activity data according to EU's general data protection regulation
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
The course includes practical exercises in the use of questionnaires, sensor systems, smartphone applications, and activity recognition methods.
- Approved group report and group presentation
Mer om vurdering
Exam registration requires that class registration is approved in the same semester. Regular final examination is given in the autumn semester only. Students with legitimate leave of absence at the final examination and students who receive the grade F may take a re-sit examination in the spring semester. If few candidates, the re-sit examination may be conducted as an oral examination.
The compulsory activity is approved for 4 semesters. With approved compulsory activity, the students resit the examination only.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Physical Activity and Health (MSPAHE)
BEV2005 Biomechanics, BEV2008 Fitness and Performance Assessment, or compatible
Admission to the MSc in Physical Activity and Health. The course is compulsory for students admitted to the specialization in Movement Science. It is optional for other students admitted to the master's programme. Exchange students may be accepted after an individual evaluation.
Course literature will be presented at the start of the semester.
Studiepoeng: 7.5 SP
Studienivå: Høyere grads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: HØST 2022
Institutt for nevromedisin og bevegelsesvitenskap
Vurderingsordning: Written examination
- Termin Statuskode Vurdering Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Eksamens- system Rom *
- Høst ORD Written examination 100/100 E 19.12.2022 15:00 INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater SL425 Sluppenvegen 14 2 SL410 orange sone Sluppenvegen 14 20
- Vår UTS Written examination 100/100 E 22.05.2023 15:00 INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"