Øivind Kåre Kjerstad
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I research how to enable dynamic positioning of marine vessels in presence of drifting sea ice. In certain ice conditions this implies high magnitude high variation environmental loads. Such forces require a redesign of the open water DP algorithms to cater for robust, safe and effective positioning. My main research areas are vessel-ice dynamics, nonlinear and hybrid observer designs, inertial sensor systems, nonlinear control law design, control allocation, and vessel-in-ice guidance systems.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Comparison of control design models and observers for dynamic positioning of surface vessels. Control Engineering Practice. vol. 85.
- (2018) A method for real-time estimation of full-scale global ice loads on floating structures. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 156.
- (2018) An ice-drift estimation algorithm using radar and ship motion measurements. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing. vol. 56 (6).
- (2016) Disturbance rejection by acceleration feedforward for marine surface vessels. IEEE Access. vol. 4.
- (2016) A Robust Dynamic Positioning Tracking Control Law Mitigating Integral Windup. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 49 (23).
- (2015) Experimental and phenomenological investigation of dynamic positioning in managed ice. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 111.
- (2015) Description and numerical simulations of dynamic positioning in reversing managed ice. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2014) Modeling and Control for Dynamic Positioned Marine Vessels in Drifting Managed Sea Ice. Modeling, Identification and Control. vol. 35 (4).
- (2012) Feedforward linearization and disturbance rejection of mechanical systems using acceleration measurements. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 7 (1).
- (2012) Observer design with disturbance rejection by acceleration feedforward. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 7 (1).
- (2011) Disturbance rejection by acceleration feedforward: Application to dynamic positioning. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series. vol. 18 (1).
- (2010) Weather Optimal Positioning Control for Marine Surface Vessels. Elsevier IFAC Publications / IFAC Proceedings series.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2017) AMOS DP Research Cruise 2016: Academic full-scale testing of experimental dynamic positioning control algorithms onboard R/V Gunnerus. ASME 2017 36th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering - Volume 1: Offshore Technology.
- (2015) A Tension-based Position Estimation Approach for Moored Marine Vessels. 10th IFAC Conference on Manoeuvring and Control of Marine Craft (MCMC 2015).
- (2013) Constrained nullspace-based thrust allocation for heading prioritized stationkeeping of offshore vessels in ice. The proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.
- (2013) Recursive nullspace-based control allocation with strict prioritization for marine craft. Proceedings of the 9th IFAC Conference on Control Applications in Marine Systems (CAMS 2013).
- (2013) ICE-GOING CAPABILITY ASSESSMENT AND DP-ICE CAPABILITY PLOT FOR A DOUBLE ACTING INTERVENTION VESSEL IN LEVEL ICE. The proceedings of the 22nd International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions.