Marius Steiro Fimland
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Jeg forsker på:
- styrketrening for folk flest, eldre personer og grupper med ulike helseutfordringer
- fysisk aktivitet og trening i rehabilitering
- helse og arbeidsliv
Jeg er studieprogramleder for MSc Physical Activity and Health. Masteren har studieretninger i Exercise physiology, Movement science, og Occupational science
Jeg underviser i ulike tema på Bachelor i Bevegelsesvitenskap
Jeg har bistilling som forsker ved Unicare Helsefort i Rissa. Rehabiliteringssenter for personer med kronisk smerte, hjerneslag, traumatisk hjerneskade, overvekt, eller CFS/ME.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Two‑Year Follow‑Up of a Randomized Clinical Trial of Inpatient Multimodal Occupational Rehabilitation Vs Outpatient Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Sick Listed Workers with Musculoskeletal or Common Mental Disorders. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2021) Comparison of Muscle Activity in Three Single-Joint, Hip Extension Exercises in Resistance-Trained Women. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. vol. 20.
- (2021) Return to work self-efficacy after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental health disorders: secondary outcomes of a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- (2020) Acute Effects of Elastic Bands as Resistance or Assistance on EMG, Kinetics, and Kinematics During Deadlift in Resistance-Trained Men. Frontiers in Sports and Active Living.
- (2020) Effectiveness of a resistance training program on physical function, muscle strength, and body composition in community-dwelling older adults receiving home care: A cluster-randomized controlled trial. European Review of Aging and Physical Activity. vol. 17.
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 46 (4).
- (2020) Electromyographic Comparison of Flywheel Inertial Leg Curl and Nordic Hamstring Exercise Among Soccer Players. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance (IJSPP). vol. 16 (1).
- (2020) Do declines in occupational physical activity contribute to population gains in body mass index? Tromsø Study 1974–2016. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 78.
- (2020) Periodized resistance training for persistent non-specific low back pain: a mixed methods feasibility study. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Is there really a “golden hour” for work disability interventions? A narrative review. Disability and Rehabilitation. vol. 42 (4).
- (2019) Changes in fear-avoidance beliefs and work participation after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental disorders: secondary outcomes of two randomized clinical trials. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) What should be the preferred exercise modality for overweight and obese individuals? Protocol for a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews. vol. 8 (41).
- (2019) The Fear Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) Does it really measure fear beliefs?. Spine. vol. 45 (2).
- (2019) Electromyographic comparison of the barbell deadlift using constant versus variable resistance in healthy, trained men. PLOS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2019) Trunk Muscle Activity in One- and Two-Armed American Kettlebell Swing in Resistance-Trained Men. Sports Medicine International Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2019) Physical activity after inpatient occupational rehabilitation: secondary outcomes of two randomized controlled trials. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.
- (2019) Effectiveness of adding a workplace intervention to an inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation program: A randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health.
- (2018) Motivational interviewing in long-term sickness absence: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial followed by qualitative and economic studies. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (756).
- (2018) Improved expectations about length of sick leave during occupational rehabilitation is associated with increased work participation. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2018) Explosive Resistance Training Using Elastic Bands in Young Female Team Handball Players. Sports Medicine International Open. vol. 2 (6).