Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Jeg forsker på:
- styrketrening for folk flest, eldre personer og grupper med ulike helseutfordringer
- fysisk aktivitet og trening i rehabilitering
- helse og arbeidsliv
Jeg er studieprogramleder for MSc Physical Activity and Health (start 2019).
Jeg underviser i ulike tema på Master i Bevegelsesvitenskap og Bachelor i Bevegelsesvitenskap
Jeg har bistilling som FoU-leder ved Unicare Helsefort i Rissa. Rehabiliteringssenter for personer med kronisk smerte, hjerneslag, traumatisk hjerneskade, overvekt, eller CFS/ME.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Is there really a “golden hour” for work disability interventions? a narrative review. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2019) Changes in fear-avoidance beliefs and work participation after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental disorders: secondary outcomes of two randomized clinical trials. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine.
- (2019) What should be the preferred exercise modality for overweight and obese individuals? Protocol for a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews.
- (2019) Electromyographic comparison of the barbell deadlift using constant versus variable resistance in healthy, trained men. PLoS ONE. vol. 14 (1).
- (2018) Motivational interviewing in long-term sickness absence: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial followed by qualitative and economic studies. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (756).
- (2018) Improved expectations about length of sick leave during occupational rehabilitation is associated with increased work participation. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2018) Explosive Resistance Training Using Elastic Bands in Young Female Team Handball Players. Sports Medicine International Open. vol. 2 (6).
- (2018) Muscle Activity in Upper-Body Single-Joint Resistance Exercises with Elastic Resistance Bands vs. Free Weights. Journal of Human Kinetics. vol. 61 (1).
- (2018) The acceptance and commitment therapy model in occupational rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and common mental disorders: a qualitative focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) The feasibility of occupational rehabilitation in transdiagnostic groups for participants with chronic pain, chronic fatigue and common mental disorders. Tijdschrift voor Bedrijfs- en Verzekeringsgeneeskunde. vol. 26 (7).
- (2018) Resistance training vs general physical exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of chronic neck pain: a randomized controlled trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 50 (8).
- (2018) Resistance band training or general exercise in multidisciplinary rehabilitation of low back pain? A randomized trial. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 28 (9).
- (2018) Unfolding the values of work - therapists´ experience of addressing the return to work process in occupational rehabilitation based on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy. BMC Health Services Research. vol. 18 (1).
- (2018) Improved cardiorespiratory fitness after occupational rehabilitation in merged diagnostic groups. Annals of Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 30:16.
- (2018) Design of a study evaluating the effects, health economics, and stakeholder perspectives of a multi-component occupational rehabilitation program with an added workplace intervention - A study protocol. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (219).
- (2018) Test-retest reliability of a handheld dynamometer for measurement of isometric cervical muscle strength. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. vol. 31 (3).
- (2017) Associations between the readiness for return to work scale and return to work: a prospective study. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 28 (1).
- (2017) Effect of inpatient multicomponent occupational rehabilitation versus less comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation on sickness absence in persons with Musculoskeletal- or Mental Health Disorders: A Randomized Clinical Trial. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 28 (1).
- (2017) ELECTROMYOGRAPHIC COMPARISON OF BARBELL DEADLIFT, HEX BAR DEADLIFT AND HIP THRUST EXERCISES: A CROSS-OVER STUDY. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. vol. 32 (3).
- (2017) Occupational and leisure-time physical activity and risk of disability pension: prospective data from the HUNT Study, Norway. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 75.