Marius Steiro Fimland
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Jeg er studieprogramleder for internasjonal master i Physical Activity and Health. Masteren har studieretninger i Exercise physiology, Movement science, og Occupational science.
Jeg underviser i ulike tema på masteren, og på bachelor i Bevegelsesvitenskap
Jeg forsker på:
- treningsprinsipper som kan gi bedre helse for arbeidstakere
- styrketrening for folk flest, eldre personer og grupper med ulike helseutfordringer
- fysisk aktivitet og trening i rehabilitering
Jeg har bistilling som forsker ved Unicare Helsefort i Rissa. Rehabiliteringssenter for personer med kronisk smerte, hjerneslag, traumatisk hjerneskade, overvekt, eller CFS/ME.
- PAH3901 - Thesis in Physical Activity and Health
- PAH3000 - Physical Activity and Health
- BEV2108 - Bevegelsesvitenskap og folkehelse
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2022) Classification of kneeling and squatting in workers wearing protective equipment: development and validation of a rule-based model using wireless triaxial accelerometers. Ergonomics.
- (2021) The Readiness for Return to Work Scale; Does it Help in Evaluation of Return to Work?. Journal of occupational rehabilitation.
- (2021) Two‑Year Follow‑Up of a Randomized Clinical Trial of Inpatient Multimodal Occupational Rehabilitation Vs Outpatient Acceptance and Commitment Therapy for Sick Listed Workers with Musculoskeletal or Common Mental Disorders. Journal of occupational rehabilitation. vol. 31.
- (2021) Comparison of muscle activity in three single-joint, hip extension exercises in resistance-trained women. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. vol. 20 (2).
- (2021) Physical activity level following resistance training in community-dwelling older adults receiving home care: Results from a cluster-randomized controlled trial. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (IJERPH). vol. 18 (13).
- (2021) No Time to Lift? Designing Time-Efficient Training Programs for Strength and Hypertrophy: A Narrative Review. Sports Medicine. vol. 51.
- (2021) Aligning stakeholders’ understandings of the return-to-work process: a qualitative study on workplace meetings in inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation. International Journal of Qualitative Studies on Health and Well-being. vol. 16 (1).
- (2021) The bidirectional associations between leisure time physical activity change and body mass index gain. The Tromsø Study 1974–2016. International Journal of Obesity. vol. 45 (8).
- (2021) Return to work self-efficacy after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental health disorders: secondary outcomes of a randomized clinical trial. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 53 (1).
- (2021) Insomnia is Associated with the Effect of Inpatient Multimodal Occupational Rehabilitation on Work Participation in Workers with Musculoskeletal or Mental Health Disorders: Secondary Analyses of a Randomized Clinical Trial. Nature and Science of Sleep. vol. 13.
- (2020) Acute Effects of Elastic Bands as Resistance or Assistance on EMG, Kinetics, and Kinematics During Deadlift in Resistance-Trained Men. Frontiers in Sports and Active Living.
- (2020) Effectiveness of a resistance training program on physical function, muscle strength, and body composition in community-dwelling older adults receiving home care: A cluster-randomized controlled trial. European Review of Aging and Physical Activity. vol. 17.
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health. vol. 46 (4).
- (2020) Electromyographic comparison of flywheel inertial leg curl and Nordic hamstring exercise among soccer players. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance (IJSPP). vol. 16 (1).
- (2020) Do declines in occupational physical activity contribute to population gains in body mass index? Tromsø Study 1974–2016. Occupational and Environmental Medicine. vol. 78.
- (2020) Periodized resistance training for persistent non-specific low back pain: a mixed methods feasibility study. BMC sports science, medicine and rehabilitation. vol. 12 (1).
- (2019) Is there really a “golden hour” for work disability interventions? A narrative review. Disability and Rehabilitation. vol. 42 (4).
- (2019) Changes in fear-avoidance beliefs and work participation after occupational rehabilitation for musculoskeletal- and common mental disorders: secondary outcomes of two randomized clinical trials. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 51 (3).
- (2019) What should be the preferred exercise modality for overweight and obese individuals? Protocol for a systematic review and network meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews. vol. 8 (41).
- (2019) The Fear Avoidance Beliefs Questionnaire (FABQ) Does it really measure fear beliefs?. Spine. vol. 45 (2).