Emne - Kvalitativ og post-kvalitativ analyse II - PLU8022
PLU8022 - Kvalitativ og post-kvalitativ analyse II
Karakter: Bestått/ Ikke bestått
PLU8022 is focused on qualitative and post-qualitative analysis of empirical educational research material. PLU8022 builds on PLU821. PLU8021 provided knowledge about qualitative and post-qualitative analysis of research materials. PLU8022 offers a focused investigation of qualitative and post-qualitative analysis within educational, practice-based research in a complex contemporary world. The candidate has the opportunity to explore a specific method of qualitative analysis or to explore a specific post-qualitative approach to analysis.
- has advanced knowledge about qualitative and post-qualitative analysis
- has thorough knowledge about and can contribute to the development of one qualitative analysis method or post-qualitative approach to analysis
- has advanced knowledge about thinking-with-theory, and theorizing in qualitative analysis as thinking with empirical research material or exploring and creating approaches to analysis through a post-qualitative view.
- knows how to creatively, ethically and critically use their knowledge about qualitative and post-qualitative analysis practically and concretely in analyses of their own research material
- manages to critically construct and create relevant analysis units and/or argument with the help of adequate qualitative analysis methods or post-qualitative approaches to analysis
- has developed advanced theoretical sensitivity through analysis of the research material, and through that contributes to new and critical theory building
- can in an adequate way chose and/or develop a relevant analysis method or approach for their own research material and research question, and critically argue for this choice
- can in a trustworthy way analyse and approach research material and present results in a way suitable for academic publication
- can critically and constructively read and comment other researchers’/fellow students’ choice of analysis method in their work
- demonstrates rigorous skills in academic writing kin a way that suits the own analysis and research field
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
Block-scheduled course of lectures, workshops, discussions and student presentations. Individually and in collocative groupwork (possibly online) with the course literature and own empirical material. Students are expected to use own empirical material related to their own research. Requirements for attendance at the course: 80%. The student presents their exam paper for fellow students and a teacher at the last seminarday, and is also opponent for fellow student, delivering a respons to their text and presentation. Assignments can be handed in in Norwegian and English.
- To skriftlige innleveringer
- En skriftlig innlevert artikkel med muntlig presentasjon
- Opposisjon på medstudents presentasjon/oppgave
- Oppmøte 80%
Mer om vurdering
Four work requirements as well as compulsory attendance 80% must be completed in order to hand in the exam. The examination task is an article suitable for publication in a research journal with procedures for peer-review (but in this context, we do not follow up on whether the student actually makes attempts at publishing). With the article, the student is expected to demonstrate a qualified choice of adequate qualitative analysis method for her/his research material. The examination task thereby can function as part of a PhD-project. Assessment report requires approved enrollment the same semester. Mandatory activity from previous semesters can be approved by the department. In case of postponed exam, the examination must be based on completed work requirements from the semester the teaching was followed.
Begrenset opptak til undervisning. For nærmere opplysninger: https://i.ntnu.no/wiki/-/wiki/Norsk/Opptak+til+adgangsbegrensede+emner
Required courses are passed PLU8011 / PLU8021 or equivalent. Masters degree or equivalent. PhD students are prioritized upon admission. Students are expected to use their own empirical material. Admission restrictions*: The course is limited to a of maximum 25 students, where 6 spots are reserved for applicants from other institutions affiliated with NorTED (www.nor-ted.com). If there are less than 5 applicants, the Department of Teacher Education reserves the right to cancel the course. * Applicants will be ranked based on the following criteria and deadline for applications can be found here: https://www.ntnu.no/ilu/phd-emner
Studiepoeng: 5.0 SP
Studienivå: Doktorgrads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: VÅR 2023
- Lærer- og lektorutdanning
- Termin Statuskode Vurdering Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Eksamens- system Rom *
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"