Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Treningsfysiolog og fysioterapeut som jobber med forskning på hvordan trening kan være forebyggende og behandlende medisin ved ulike livsstilssykdommer, og for bedre fertilitet og svangerskapsutfall.
Leder av forskningsgruppa Exercise, Cardiometabolic Health and Reproduction.
Doktorgrad: Aerobic exercise in coronary heart disease (2010).
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2016) Exercise training and weight gain in obese pregnant women: a randomized controlled trial (ETIP Trial). PLoS Medicine. vol. 13:1002079 (7).
- (2016) High-intensity interval training to improve fitness in children with cerebral palsy. BMJ Open sport & exercise medicine. vol. 2 (1).
- (2016) Exercise prior to assisted fertilization in overweight and obese women (FertilEx): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial. Trials. vol. 17:268.
- (2015) Effects of high intensity interval training and strength training on metabolic, cardiovascular and hormonal outcomes in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: A pilot study. PLOS ONE. vol. 10:e0138793 (9).
- (2015) Predictors of beneficial coronary plaque changes after aerobic exercise. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 47 (11).
- (2014) Peak oxygen uptake after cardiac rehabilitation: A randomized controlled trial of a 12-month maintenance program versus usual care. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (9).
- (2014) Coronary Atheroma Regression and Plaque Characteristics Assessed by Grayscale and Radiofrequency Intravascular Ultrasound After Aerobic Exercise. American Journal of Cardiology. vol. 114.
- (2014) Current physical activity guidelines for health are insufficient to mitigate long-term weight gain: More data in the fitness versus fatness debate (The HUNT study, Norway). British Journal of Sports Medicine. vol. 48 (20).
- (2014) The higher the better? Interval training intensity in coronary heart disease. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. vol. 17 (5).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise intensity assessment and prescription in cardiac rehabilitation: a joint position statement of the European Association for Cardiovascular Prevention and Rehabilitation, the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and the Canadian Association of Cardiac Rehabilitation. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 20 (3).
- (2012) Aerobic interval training increases peak oxygen uptake more than usual care exercise training in myocardial infarction patients: a randomised, controlled study. Clinical Rehabilitation. vol. 26 (1).
- (2012) Home-Based Aerobic Interval Training Improves Peak Oxygen Uptake Equal to Residential Cardiac Rehabilitation: A Randomized, Controlled Trial. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (7).
- (2012) Cardiovascular Risk of High- Versus Moderate-Intensity Aerobic Exercise in Coronary Heart Disease Patients. Circulation. vol. 126 (12).
- (2011) Long-term follow-up after cardiac rehabilitation A randomized study of usual care exercise training versus aerobic interval training after myocardial infarction. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 152 (3).
- (2009) Aerobic interval training versus continuous moderate exercise after coronary artery bypass surgery: A randomized study of cardiovascular effects and quality of life. American Heart Journal. vol. 158 (6).
- (2008) Physical activity and mortality in men and women with coronary heart disease: a prospective population-based cohort study in Norway (the HUNT study). European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 15 (6).
- (2008) Injuries in Norwegian female elite soccer: a prospective one-season cohort study. Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy. vol. 16 (2).
- (2007) Physical activity and mortality in men and women with coronary heart disease: a prospective population-based study in Norway (the HUNT study). European Journal of Cardiovascular Prevention & Rehabilitation. vol. 14.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2009) Hjertesvikt. Aktivitetshåndboken - fysisk aktivitet i forebygging og behandling.
- (2010) Aerobic exercise in coronary heart disease. 2010.