Torstein Baade Rø
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Instituttleder fra 2017.
Utdanning: Cand.med. 1996 (NTNU). Dr. med. 2006 (NTNU). Spesialist i barnesykdommer 2008.
Undervisning: Medisinerstudenter IC, IID og IIID (pediatri), sykepleiere i spesialisering (barnesykepleiere, helsesøstre), allmennleger og leger i spesialisering.
Forskning: Basalforskning på vekstkontroll av kreftceller, og fokuserer for tiden særlig på fosfatasen PRL-3s rolle i B-cellekreft (myelomatose, lymfom og leukemi). Klinisk forskning innen lavt blodsukker med svekkede varselsymptomer hos barn og ungdom med diabetes mellitus type 1 og rehabilitering etter ervervet hjerneskade hos barn og ungdom.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Considering formulation characteristics when prescribing and dispensing medicinal products for children: a qualitative study among GPs and pharmacists. Family Practice. vol. 36 (3).
- (2019) Assessing awareness of hypoglycemia in children and adolescents with type 1 diabetes: Evaluation of established questionnaires. Pediatric Diabetes.
- (2019) Paediatric goal management training in patients with acquired brain injury: study protocol for a randomised controlled trial. BMJ Open. vol. 9:e029273 (8).
- (2018) Register-based study showed that the age when children were prescribed antibiotic tablets and capsules instead of liquids increased from 2004 to 2016. Acta Paediatrica.
- (2018) Requests for new oral antibiotic prescriptions in children within 2 days: a Norwegian population-based study. Family Practice. vol. 35 (6).
- (2018) Fear of hypoglycaemia and its relation to hypoglycaemia awareness and symptom intensity in Type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 137.
- (2018) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in classical Hodgkin lymphoma and promotes survival and migration. Experimental hematology and oncology. vol. 7:8.
- (2018) Effect of High Intensity Interval Training on Cardiac Function in Children with Obesity: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 61 (2).
- (2017) Strategies parents use to give children oral medicine: a qualitative study of online discussion forums. Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care. vol. 35 (2).
- (2017) Effect of high-intensity interval training on fitness, fat mass and cardiometabolic biomarkers in children with obesity: a randomised controlled trial. Sports Medicine. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 is expressed in acute lymphoblastic leukemia and mediates leukemic cell adhesion, migration and drug resistance. OncoTarget. vol. 9 (3).
- (2017) Reduced Th22 cell proportion and prevention of atopic dermatitis in infants following maternal probiotic supplementation. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. vol. 47 (8).
- (2016) Src family kinases are regulated in multiple myeloma cells by phosphatase of regenerating liver-3. Molecular Cancer Research. vol. 15 (1).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) The phosphatase of regenerating liver-3 (PRL-3) is importantfor IL-6-mediated survival of myeloma cells. OncoTarget. vol. 7 (19).
- (2016) Growth during infancy and early childhood in children with cerebral palsy: a population-based study. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 58 (9).
- (2016) Phosphatase of regenerating liver 3 (PRL-3) is overexpressed in human prostate cancer tissue and promotes growth and migration. Journal of Translational Medicine. vol. 14 (71).
- (2014) Bone morphogenetic protein-9 suppresses growth of myeloma cells by signaling through ALK2 but is inhibited by endoglin. Blood Cancer Journal. vol. 4.
- (2014) PRL-3 Mediates Survival of Primary Myeloma Cells. Blood. vol. 124.