Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Tore Børvik earned his Ph.D. at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in 2001 within applied mechanics. He is currently a professor at Department of Structural Engineering, NTNU and a senior advisor for the Norwegian Defence Estates Agency. He was the programme head of the research programme Optimal Energy Absorption and Protection at CRI-SIMLab at NTNU from 2007 – 2014, and he is the co-director and a programme head of the research programme Protective Structures in CRI-CASA at NTNU from 2015 – 2023. He is the author of more than 150 articles in peer reviewed journals, and a corresponding number of papers at various international conferences. His research activities are mainly related to impact and penetration, but in later years his research has also been focused on blast-loaded structures and impact against off-shore installations. At present he also serves as an Associate Editor in the International Journal of Impact Engineering.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2022) Ductile failure predictions using micromechanically-based computational models. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids.
- (2022) On fracture anisotropy in textured aluminium alloys. International Journal of Solids and Structures. vol. 244-245.
- (2022) Ballistic impact of structural steels at low temperatures. Journal of applied mechanics.
- (2022) Anisotropic yield surfaces of additively manufactured metals simulated with crystal plasticity. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids. vol. 94.
- (2021) Fluid-structure interaction effects during the dynamic response of clamped thin steel plates exposed to blast loading. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 195 (106263).
- (2021) Influence of fluid-structure interaction effects on the ductile fracture of blast-loaded steel plates. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 250.
- (2021) Micromechanical modelling of ductile fracture in pipeline steel using a bifurcation-enriched porous plasticity model. International Journal of Fracture. vol. 227 (1).
- (2021) Ballistic impact resistance of additive manufactured high-strength maraging steel: An experimental study. International Journal of Protective Structures.
- (2021) Influence of material properties on the performance of blast-loaded steel plates with pre-cut defects. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 250.
- (2021) On the strength-ductility trade-off in thin blast-loaded steel plates with and without initial defects – An experimental study. Thin-walled structures. vol. 171.
- (2021) A numerical study of a size-dependent finite-element based unit cell with primary and secondary voids. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 157.
- (2021) On the coupling of damage and single crystal plasticity for ductile polycrystalline materials. International journal of plasticity. vol. 142.
- (2021) Effect of pre-stretching on the mechanical behaviour of three artificially aged 6xxx series aluminium alloys. Materials Today Communications. vol. 27.
- (2021) Calibration of the modified Mohr-Coulomb fracture model by use of localization analyses for three tempers of an AA6016 aluminium alloy. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 192.
- (2021) Experimental and numerical studies of tubular concrete structures subjected to blast loading. Engineering structures. vol. 233.
- (2021) Ballistic impact on concrete slabs: An experimental and numerical study. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 250.
- (2021) Ballistic perforation resistance of thin concrete slabs impacted by ogive-nose steel projectiles. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 156.
- (2021) The relation between grain boundary precipitate formation and adjacent grain orientations in Al-Mg-Si(-Cu) alloys. Philosophical Magazine Letters. vol. 101 (9).
- (2021) On crystallographic aspects of heterogeneous plastic flow during ductile tearing: 3D measurements and crystal plasticity simulations for AA7075-T651. International journal of plasticity. vol. 144.
- (2021) Experimental tests and numerical simulations of ballistic impact on laminated glass. The European Physical Journal Conferences. vol. 250.