Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Tore Børvik earned his Ph.D. at Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in 2001 within applied mechanics. He is currently a professor at Department of Structural Engineering, NTNU and a senior advisor for the Norwegian Defence Estates Agency. He was the programme head of the research programme Optimal Energy Absorption and Protection at CRI-SIMLab at NTNU from 2007 – 2014, and he is the co-director and a programme head of the research programme Protective Structures in CRI-CASA at NTNU from 2015 – 2023. He is the author of more than 150 articles in peer reviewed journals, and a corresponding number of papers at various international conferences. His research activities are mainly related to impact and penetration, but in later years his research has also been focused on blast-loaded structures and impact against off-shore installations. At present he also serves as an Associate Editor in the International Journal of Impact Engineering.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2021) Fluid-structure interaction effects during the dynamic response of clamped thin steel plates exposed to blast loading. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 195 (106263).
- (2021) Calibration of the modified Mohr-Coulomb fracture model by use of localization analyses for three tempers of an AA6016 aluminium alloy. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 192.
- (2021) Experimental and numerical studies of tubular concrete structures subjected to blast loading. Engineering structures. vol. 233.
- (2021) Anisotropic Plasticity and Fracture of Three 6000-Series Aluminum Alloys. Metals. vol. 11 (4).
- (2021) Finite element analysis of porous polymer coated pipelines subjected to impact. International Journal of Impact Engineering.
- (2020) Micromechanics-based identification of a ductile fracture model for three structural steels. Engineering Fracture Mechanics. vol. 224 (106803).
- (2020) Sandwich panels with polymeric foam cores exposed to blast loading: An experimental and numerical investigation. Applied Sciences. vol. 10 (24).
- (2020) Modeling the effect of notch geometry on the deformation of a strongly anisotropic aluminum alloy. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids. vol. 82.
- (2020) A Numerical Study on Ductile Failure of Porous Ductile Solids With Rate-Dependent Matrix Behavior. Journal of applied mechanics. vol. 87 (3).
- (2020) Fracture mechanisms in largely strained solids due to surface instabilities. International Journal of Solids and Structures. vol. 199.
- (2020) On the effect of plastic anisotropy, strength and work hardening on the tensile ductility of aluminium alloys. International Journal of Solids and Structures. vol. 188-189.
- (2020) Nanoscale modelling of combined isotropic and kinematic hardening of 6000 series aluminium alloys. Mechanics of materials (Print). vol. 151.
- (2020) Rate dependent fracture of monolithic and laminated glass: Experiments and simulations. Engineering structures. vol. 212.
- (2020) An experimental study on pre-stretched double-chamber 6000-series aluminium profiles subjected to quasi-static and dynamic axial crushing. Thin-walled structures. vol. 158.
- (2020) Influence of stress state on plastic flow and ductile fracture of three 6000-series aluminium alloys. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 783.
- (2020) Constitutive modeling of a graded porous polymer based on X-ray computed tomography. Materials & design. vol. 188.
- (2019) A through-thickness damage regularisation scheme for shell elements subjected to severe bending and membrane deformations. Journal of the Mechanics and Physics of Solids. vol. 123.
- (2019) Modelling and simulation of ductile failure in textured aluminium alloys subjected to compression-tension loading. International journal of plasticity. vol. 118.
- (2019) Effect of heat-treatment on the structural response of blast-loaded aluminium plates with pre-cut slits. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 132.
- (2019) Tensile ductility of extruded aluminium alloy AA6063 in different tempers. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 744.