Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
The Research Centre on Zero Emission Neighbourhoods in Smart Cities - Living Labs
The research is concerned with the design, use and impact of living labs in contexts in Norway that plan to become zero emission neighbourhoods. Living labs may broadly be described as bottom-up experiments with a strong focus on citizen engagement and an intention to develop innovative solutions and/ or to achieve sustainable transitions. The term living lab is much in use to describe and promote citizen participation in real-life contexts. Living labs are characterised by a methodological openness that allows them to establish a form and develop tools that are site specific and associated with the real-life challenges that users are dealing with. In addition to being characterised by citizen engagement and a real-life context, in ZEN living labs planned experiments and iterative learning are important components. These characteristics form a framework to work with within neighbourhood contexts provided by the ZEN Centre.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Automatic vs manual control strategy for window blinds and ceiling lights: Consequences to perceived visual and thermal discomfort. Journal of Daylighting. vol. 6 (2).
- (2019) Aesthetic Preference as Starting Point for Citizen Dialogues on Urban Design: Stories from Hammarkullen, Gothenburg. Urban Planning. vol. 4 (1).
- (2019) Reanalysis of occupant experiment in ZEB Living Lab. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) Living labs in a zero emission neighbourhood context. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 352 (1).
- (2019) Homemaking in a Living Laboratory: Interpretations of a Zero Emission Housing Solution. Home Cultures. vol. 16 (2).
- (2018) Domestication, acceptance and zero emission ambitions: Insights from a mixed method, experimental research design in a Norwegian Living Lab. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 39.
- (2017) Between craft and regulations: experiences with the construction of two “super insulated” buildings in Norway. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 5 (2).
- (2017) The Influence of User Behaviour on Energy Use in European Shopping Centres. Sustainable Development. vol. 25 (1).
- (2015) The key drivers for energy retrofitting of European shopping centres. Energy Procedia. vol. 78.
- (2009) A Nice Dandelion: Visual Experiences at a Shopping Centre in Trondheim. Suomen Antropologi. vol. 34 (4).
- (2009) Løvetann og Oksen: En studie i symbolbruken ved to kjøpesentre. Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 20 (3).
- (2009) Løvetannen og oksen en studie i symbolbruken ved to kjøpesentre. Norsk Antropologisk Tidsskrift. vol. 20 (3).
- (2019) Bærekraftig Sveberg. Bærekraftig Sveberg
- (2013) 7th Nordic Conference on Construction Economics and Organisation, Trondheim, June 12-14, 2013. Akademika forlag. 2013. ISBN 978-82-321-0273-0.
- (2008) Cities of the Future, Apolonija Sustersic: The Social Life of a Sandpit: Discussing Urban Redevelopment. 2008. ISBN 978-82-997847-0-2.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2016) CommONEnergy – Transforming shopping malls into lighthouses of energy efficient architectures. 9th International Conference Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Buildings and Smart Communities. IEECB&SC'16.
- (2016) Making a home in Living Lab: the limitations and potentials associated with living in a research laboratory. Proceedings of the Demand Centre Conference 2016 [online articles].
- (2015) Customer behaviour and energy use in European shopping centres. FARU Proceedings - 2015 8th FARU International Conference 'Making built environments responsive'.
- (2014) Systemic inefficiencies in retail buildings in Norway. Improving Energy Efficiency in Commercial Building Conference (IEECB’14).
- (2014) Sustainability assessment of shopping centres. World Sustainable Building 2014 Conference, 28-30 Oct., Barcelona.