Michael Due Larsen
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am trained as a pharmacist M.Sc. in Pharmacy from the University of Copenhagen and received a Ph.D. in pharmacoepidemiology from University of Southern Denmark.
My research focuses on the clinical epidemiology and use of in its broadest sense, with a current focus on inflammatory bowel disease, urogynaecology and assisted reproductive fertility treatment. My expertise is register-based research using clinical and national health registers.
Selected ongoing research
Does Disease Activity after induction Treatment with Anti–Tumor Necrosis Factor, Predict Short-Term Outcomes in Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis?
How does disease control versus maintenance treatment strategy affect the prognostic impact of disease activity and the tolerance of anti-tumor necrosis factors?
Infertility treatment in women with chronic disease reproductive outcomes in women with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Nørgård BM, Nielsen J, Knudsen T, Knudsen T, Nielsen RG, Larsen MD, Jolving LR, Kjeldsen J Hospitalization for COVID-19 in patients treated with selected immunosuppressant and immunomodulating agents, compared to the general population: A Danish cohort study. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2020;1–10
- Larsen MD, Jensen DM, Fedder J, Jolving LR, Norgard BM. Live-born children after assisted reproduction in women with type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes: a nationwide cohort study. Diabetologia. 2020;63(9):1736-44.
- Larsen MD, Jolving LR, Fedder J, Norgard BM. The efficacy of assisted reproductive treatment in women with epilepsy. Reprod Biomed Online. 2020.
- Weltz V, Guldberg R, Larsen MD, Lose G. Body mass index influences the risk of reoperation after first-time surgery for pelvic organ prolapse. A Danish cohort study, 2010-2016. International urogynecology journal. 2020.
- Husby KR, Larsen MD, Lose G, Klarskov N. Surgical repair of vaginal vault prolapse; a comparison between ipsilateral uterosacral ligament suspension and sacrospinous ligament fixation-a nationwide cohort study. International urogynecology journal. 2020.
- Norgard BM, Larsen MD, Friedman S, Fedder J. Corticosteroids Prior to Embryo Transfer in Assisted Reproduction in Women with Crohn's Disease and Ulcerative Colitis - A Nationwide Cohort Study. Clinical epidemiology. 2020;12:317-26.
- Jolving LR, Larsen MD, Fedder J, Friedman S, Norgard BM. The chance of a live birth after assisted reproduction in women with thyroid disorders. Clin Epidemiol. 2019;11:683-94.
- Lund K, Larsen MD, Knudsen T, Kjeldsen J, Nielsen RG, Norgard BM. The impact of anti-TNFalpha therapy on colectomy rates and corticosteroid treatment among 3001 paediatric and adolescent patients with ulcerative colitis-a nationwide study from 1995 to 2015. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019;50(10):1077-85.
- Husby KR, Larsen MD, Lose G, Klarskov N. Surgical treatment of primary uterine prolapse: a comparison of vaginal native tissue surgical techniques. International urogynecology journal. 2019.
- Korzenik J, Larsen MD, Nielsen J, Kjeldsen J, Norgard BM. Editorial: anti-TNF therapy-a double-edged sword? Authors' reply. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019;50(7):823-4.
- Korzenik J, Larsen MD, Nielsen J, Kjeldsen J, Nørgård BM. Increased risk of developing Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis in 17 018 patients while under treatment with anti TNFα agents, particularly etanercept, for autoimmune diseases other than inflammatory bowel disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2019;00:1-6.
- Norgard BM, Larsen MD, Friedman S, Knudsen T, Fedder J. Decreased chance of a live born child in women with rheumatoid arthritis after assisted reproduction treatment: a nationwide cohort study. Annals of the rheumatic diseases. 2019;78(3):328-34.
- Norgard BM, Jolving LR, Larsen MD, Friedman S. Parental IBD and Long-term Health Outcomes in the Offspring. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2019;25(8):1339-48.
- Larsen MD, Guldberg R, Lose G. Perioperative cardiovascular complications following urogynecological operations. Acta obstetricia et gynecologica Scandinavica. 2019;98(1):61-7.
- Strehlau AG, Larsen MD, Sondergaard J, Almarsdottir AB, Rosholm JU. General practitioners' continuation and acceptance of medication changes at sectorial transitions of geriatric patients - a qualitative interview study. BMC family practice. 2018;19(1):168.
- Friedman S, Magnussen B, O'Toole A, Fedder J, Larsen MD, Norgard BM. Increased Use of Medications for Erectile Dysfunction in Men With Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease Compared to Men Without Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Nationwide Cohort Study. The American journal of gastroenterology. 2018.
- Weltz V, Guldberg R, Larsen MD, Magnussen B, Lose G. Influence of body mass index on short-term subjective improvement and risk of reoperation after mid-urethral sling surgery. International urogynecology journal. 2018;29(4):585-591.
- Larsen MD, Friedman S, Magnussen B, Norgard BM. Birth Outcomes of Children Fathered by Men Treated with Systemic Corticosteroids during the Conception Period - A Cohort Study based on Nationwide Data. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2017.
Se CV for full list of puplications