Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Marianne Ryghaug, holds a PhD in Political Science and is full Professor of Science and Technology Studies at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. She is Deputy Director of Centre for Studies of Sustainable Energy (CenSES), a national centre for environment-friendly energy research and leads the Center for Energy, Climate and Environment at the Department of Interdisiplinay studies of Culture, NTNU. She has been engaged in energy and climate related research since 1999 and has published widely on these topics in top international journals. Her areas of expertise include energy and climate policy, sustainability transitions and innovation policy, and studies of users, practices and public engagement. Ryghaug has a long track record for scholarly as well as practical experience with interdisciplinary research and research collaboration with industry and public authorities, both nationally and internationally. The last years her research has particularly been focused on research related to sociotechnical transions in the areas of smart grids, smart homes and cities, electric vehicles, transportation and sustainable mobility.
Current Research Projects and Research Center involvement
- MATCH: Markets, actors and technologies – A comparative study of smart grids solutions (ERA-net Smart grids plus, 2016-2018). See: http://www.match-project.eu/
- INVADE Integrated electric vehicles and batteries to empower distributed and centralised storage in distribution grids (H2020, 2017-2019) http://h2020invade.eu/
- SHAPE-ENERGY Social Sciences and Humanities for Advancing Policy in European Energy (Horizon 2020, 2017-2019) https://shapeenergy.eu/
- DRIVERS Digitalization of the road sector and its consequences: the role of driving(Norwegian Research Council, 2018-2022) https://driversproject.org/
- CenSES Center for sustianable energy studies (Norwegian research council, 2011-2019 https://www.ntnu.no/censes
- CINELDI Center for intelligent electricity distribution (Norwegian Research Council, 2016 2024) https://www.sintef.no/projectweb/cineldi/
Full list of publications: https://wo.cristin.no/as/WebObjects/cristin.woa/wa/fres?sort=ar&pnr=39728&la=no&action=sok
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2019) Should All Cars Be Electric by 2025? The Electric Car Debate in Europe. Sustainability. vol. 11 (7).
- (2018) Green and gendered? Cultural perspectives on the road towards electric vehicles in Norway. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment.
- (2018) Creating energy citizenship through material participation. Social Studies of Science. vol. 48 (2).
- (2018) Orchestrating households as collectives of participation in the distributed energy transition: New empirical and conceptual insights. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 46.
- (2017) User perceptions of EVs and the role of EVs in the transition to low-carbon mobility. Eceee ... summer study proceedings.
- (2017) With license to build: Chinese offshore wind firms rejecting European certificates. Technology Analysis & Strategic Management. vol. 29 (7).
- (2017) Users, design and the role of feedback technologies in the Norwegian energy transition: An empirical study and some radical challenges. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 25.
- (2017) From consumer to prosumer. Enrolling users into a Norwegian PV pilot. Eceee ... summer study proceedings.
- (2016) Concerned consumption. Global warming changing household domestication of energy. Energy Policy. vol. 98.
- (2016) Creating transitions to electric road transport in Norway: The role of user imaginaries. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 17.
- (2015) Embedding smart energy technology in built environments: A comparative study of four smart grid demonstration projects. Indoor + Built Environment. vol. 24 (7).
- (2015) A traveler’s guide to smart grids and the social sciences. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2015) Democracy or war? The communication of the climate issue online. Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 3 (1).
- (2015) Material participation and the smart grid: Exploring different modes of articulation. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2014) Public attitudes towards renewable energy technologies in Norway. The role of party preferences. Energy Policy. vol. 67.
- (2014) A transformative practice? Meaning, competence, and material aspects of driving electric cars in Norway. Nature and Culture. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) "Assembling climate knowledge - the role of local expertise". Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies. vol. 2 (2).
- (2012) The appropriation of the climate change problem among road managers: fighting in the trenches of the real world. Climatic Change. vol. 114 (3-4).
- (2011) Obstacles to sustainable development: The destabilisation of climate change knowledge. Sustainable Development. vol. 19 (3).
- (2011) Making sense of global warming: Norwegians appropriating knowledge of anthropogenic climate change. Public Understanding of Science. vol. 20 (6).