Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Jia-Chun Lin is an assistant professor in the Department of Information Security and Communication Technology at NTNU (Norwegian University of Science and Technology).
Before this position, she was a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Informatics, at University of Oslo and worked on an EU research project entitled "Scalable Hybrid Variability for Distributed Evolving Software Systems" (HyVar for short) from June 2015 to February 2018. She also joins SIRIUS, which is a Norwegian Centre for Research- driven Innovation that addresses the problems of scalable data access in the oil & gas industry.
Her research interests include parallel and distributed computing, cloud computing, applied machine learning, Internet of Things, big data analytics, security, and privacy. Currently she has published two IEEE transactions papers, 9 international journal papers, 17 international conference papers, and one book chapter in the above areas.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) EasyChoose: A Continuous Feature Extraction and Review Highlighting Scheme on Hadoop YARN. Advanced Information Networking and Applications. vol. 2018-May.
- (2018) Privacy Mining from IoT-based Smart Homes (Online version). Advances on Broad-Band Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications.
- (2018) Modeling and simulation of spark streaming. Advanced Information Networking and Applications. vol. 2018-May.
- (2017) A model-Based Scalability Optimization Methodology for Cloud Applications. Proceedings of the IEEE.
- (2016) AWS deployments using model-based predictions. the 7th International Symposium on Leveraging Applications of Formal Methods, Verification and Validation (ISoLA 2016) ; 2016-10-05 - 2016-10-14.
- (2016) Comparing AWS Deployments Using Model-Based Predictions. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). vol. 9953.
- (2016) Hybrid Job-Driven Scheduling for Virtual MapReduce Clusters. IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems. vol. 27 (6).
- (2016) Performance evaluation of job schedulers on Hadoop YARN. Concurrency and Computation. vol. 28 (9).
- (2016) Impacts of Task Re-Execution Policy on MapReduce Jobs. Computer journal. vol. 59 (5).
- (2016) ABS-YARN: A Formal Framework for Modeling Hadoop YARN Clusters. 19th International Conference on Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering ; 2016-04-02 - 2016-04-08.
- (2016) ABS-YARN: A Formal Framework for Modeling Hadoop YARN Clusters. Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering: 19th International Conference, FASE 2016, Held as Part of the European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software, ETAPS 2016, Eindhoven, The Netherlands, April 2-8, 2016, Proceedings.
- (2015) A Formal Framework Supporting Unrestricted Software Changes in Object-Oriented Concurrent Systems. 27th Nordic Workshop on Programming Theory (NWPT 2015) . Reykjavik University; Reykjavik. 2015-10-21 - 2015-10-23.