Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Elli works as an associate professor at the Experts in Teamwork section. She will bring in knowledge from design thinking, innovation, entrepreneurship and sustainability into the section. Next to that, she lectures at the Department of Design.
Prior to this, Elli worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the Department of Design at NTNU, where she was the principal researcher in the MINDER project, which focuses on methodologies for the improvement of the energy-efficiency reliability in non-residential buildings.
Elli also worked a Business Tool Developer at the Institute for Manufacturing at the University of Cambridge (UK), linking research with industry. She joined the IfM ECS team from September 2013 to September 2014 in the PrISMS programme, which focuses on supporting SMEs and start-ups in the Eastern Region of the UK towards sustainable growth.
Before that, Elli worked as a researcher and lecturer at the Faculty of Design Sciences at the University of Antwerp (Belgium), where her main focus was on sustainable product innovation, design methodology and industrial design education. She represented the research group in the faculty board from 2010 until 2013. In 2012 and 2013 Elli was visiting lecturer at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia within the International Design Project Semester.
Elli combined these activities with consultancy work at shiftN, a community-of-practice that focuses on bringing clarity in complexity through system innovation and future thinking.
In 2010, Elli was visiting researcher at the Department of Industrial Product Design at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
She holds a Master in Product Development from the University of Antwerp. In 2012 she received the degree of Doctor at that same university with the thesis entitled ‘The human side of sustainable design implementation from the perspective of change management.’
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) Professional development of sustainability competences in higher education: the role of empowerment. International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education. vol. 18 (5).
- (2017) Ambitions at work: Professional practices and the energy performance of non-residential buildings in Norway. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 32.
- (2015) Fostering the incorporation of sustainable development in higher education. Lessons learned from a change management perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 106.
- (2015) Development of a hands-on toolkit to support integration of ecodesign in engineering programmes. Journal of Cleaner Production. vol. 108 (A).
- (2014) Employee Empowerment for Sustainable Design. Journal of Corporate Citizenship.
- (2012) Bringing about Sustainable Change in Product Development: Theory versus Practice. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology. vol. 384.
- (2012) The role of human factors in the adoption of sustainable design criteria in business: evidence from Belgian and Dutch case studies. International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development. vol. 6 (2).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2016) The 'Nordic Approach' and how it may support Design for Sustainability. NordDesign 2016.
- (2016) Reflection and reflexivity about an introductory design course. Design Education: Collaboration and Cross-Disciplinarity. Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, Aalborg University, Denmark, 8th-9th September 2016.
- (2016) Achieving Readiness for Change for Successful Implementation of Service Design Projects: Learning from Change Management. NordDesign 2016.
- (2016) People and Activities in Energy Efficient Buildings: Comparative Study of User, Owner and Facilities Management Perspectives in Schools. Proceedings of the CIB World Building Congress 2016 Volume II Environmental opportunities and challenges, constructing, commitment and acknowledging human experiences.
- (2016) Hoofdstuk 3. Een kijk op de integratie van duurzaamheid in het hoger onderwijs vanuit perspectief van veranderingsmanagement. Het verbinden van educatieve en organisatorische veranderingstrajecten voor duurzaam hoger onderwijs..
- (2015) Practice-oriented research into energy management and use in non-residential buildings: the reliability gap framework. eceee Summer Study proceedings. eceee 2015 Summer Study First fuel now.
- (2015) How to incorporate Sustainable Design in the International European Project semester programme: Insights from practice. Great expectations : design teaching, research & enterprise : proceedings of the 17th International Conference on Engineering and Product Design Education, Loughborough Design School, University of Loughborough, United Kingdom, 3rd-4th September 2015.
- (2012) Implementation of sustainable innovations and business models. Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Sustainability.
- (2011) Resistance during the implementation of sustainable design. Design Management: Toward a new era of innovation. Proceedings of the 2011 Tsinghua-DMI International Design Management Symposium.
- (2011) Sustainable design strategies in practice and their influence on business models. Design for Innovative Value Towards a Sustainable Society. Proceedings of Ecodesign 2011: 7th International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing.
- (2010) The role of human factors in the adoption of sustainable design criteria in business. Proceedings of the ERSCP_EMSU conference, Delft, The Netherlands, October 25-29, 2010.
- (2009) Implementing Sustainability Criteria in Product Innovations: a Human Process. Proceedings of the 4th European Conference on Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
- (2007) The Human Side of Ecodesign from the Perspective of Change Management. Advances in Life Cycle Engineering for Sustainable Manufacturing Businesses.
- (2016) Integration of ecodesign in engineering programmes through the application of the Ecodesign in Higher Education kit (EHE kit). 8th Conference on Engineering Education for Sustainable Development (EESD2016) . Institute for Sustainable Development and Ghent University; Bruges. 2016-09-04 - 2016-09-07.
- (2016) Design versus actual use of buildings. The energy performance gap in non-residential buildings in Norway. TAXI lecture . University of Antwerp, Faculty of Design Sciences; Antwerp. 2016-04-28 - 2016-04-28.
- (2015) Routes towards sustainability in higher education. Environment & Technology in Business Conference . Poznań University of Economics, Faculty of Commodity Science; Poznań. 2015-10-01 - 2015-10-02.
- (2015) A systemic approach to energy management and use in non-residential buildings in Norway. Cleaner Production and Sustainable Consumption Conference ; 2015-11-01 - 2015-11-04.
- (2009) Colour-print thinking to measure and support human factors in the implementation process of sustainability criteria in design. Ecodesign 2009: Sixth International Symposium on Environmentally Conscious Design and Inverse Manufacturing . The Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers; Sapporo. 2009-12-07 - 2009-12-09.