Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Dynamic modeling and analysis of long span bridges subjected to wind loading: emphasis on wind tunnel measurements.
Due to the need of constructing longer crossing, flutter, buffeting response and vortex shedding become crucial factors when designing long-span bridges. An analysis of these phenomena requires experimental data, which can be provided by wind tunnel tests. In my PhD I am working on developing new experimental wind tunnel setup, able to fully examine sectional models and provide relaible data, necessary for analysing aerolastic phenomena. Moreover, it's new possibilites will help to reveal and understand better underlying mechanisms of wind effects on very long span floating, cable-stayed and supsension bridges. For those structures curently used assumption and simplification may lead to the seroius underestimation in prediction of bridge response, thus there is a need to evaluate their applicability.
This PhD project objectives include:
- Better understanding of very long span bridge behavior, when subjected to the wind load.
- Verification of currently used load models for aerodynamic forces.
- Development of effective and reliable wind tunnel testing techniques.
- Quantification of uncertainties involved in the wind tunnel measurements.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Viser et utvalg av aktivitet. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) An enhanced forced vibration rig for wind tunnel testing of bridge deck section models in arbitrary motion. Journal of Wind Engineering and Industrial Aerodynamics. vol. 164.
- (2016) Identification of aerodynamic properties of bridge decks in arbitrary motion. Conference Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Mechanics Series. vol. 6.
- (2017) Identification of Rational Functions with a forced vibration technique using random motion histories. The International Conference on Earthquake engineering and Structural Dynamics ; Reykjavík. 2017-06-12 - 2017-06-14.
- (2017) Wind tunnel testing of bridge deck section models with a new forced vibration rig. The 7th European and African Conference on Wind Engineering (EACWE 2017) . The 7th European and African Conference on Wind Engineering; Liege. 2017-07-03 - 2017-07-06.
- (2016) A new setup for section model tests of bridge decks. 12th UK Conference on Wind Engineering . Wind Engineering Society; Nottingham. 2016-09-05 - 2016-09-07.