Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
I am a theoretical condensed matter physicist interested in the following research areas:
- Spintronics, magnonics and spin-orbitronics
- Topological defects and solitons (skyrmions, hopfions, ...)
- Ultrafast spin dynamics, optomagnetism and optomagnonics
- Floquet theory
- Nonequilibrium phenomena
- Superconducting spintronics
- Topological order and quantum spin liquids
- Quantum many-body effects in novel 2D systems
- 2016-onwards Senior Researcher, NTNU, Norway
- 2014-2015 Postdoc, RU, the Netherlands
- 2011-2013 Postdoc, NTNU, Norway
- 2011 PhD., Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, IASBS, Iran
- 2006 MSc., Theoretical Particle Physics, IUT, Iran
- 2004 BSc., Electronic Engineering, Shiraz Univ. and SRTTU, Iran
- EEA and Norway grants, GRIEG call 2020-2023 (€1.4 million): Transport in novel quantum materials
- NTNU Nano’s Enhanced Impact Fund 2020-2021 (NOK 120,000): Micormagnetic Simulation of Antiferromagnetic Nanostructures
- 2020-2022 Marion M. S. Barbeau
- 2017-2019 Rohollah Khoshlahni
Project: Topological properties and dynamics of skyrmions in antiferromagnetic nanostructures
- 2020-2021 Herman L. Ottesen
Project: Transport in novel correlated quantum materials
- 2019-2020 Trond H. Haug (Next position: Process engineer @ Sensonor)
Project: Ultrafast two-magnon excitation in antiferromagnetic insulators
- 2019-2020 Ivan Ushakov (Next position: PhD student @ NTNU)
Project: Phase diagram of the extended Kane-Mele-Hubbard model
- 2018-2019 Juan M. Losada (Next position: PhD student @ UiT)
Project: Ultrafast manipulation of Heisenberg exchange and Dzyaloshinskii–Moriya interactions in antiferromagnetic insulators
- 2018-2019 Sander Ø. Hanslin (Next position: PhD student @ NTNU)
Project: Theoy of antisymmetric exchange in metallic antiferromagnetic thin films
- 2018-2019 Mette Wirak (Next position: Software engineer @ Cisco)
Project: Spin dynamics in magnetic structures: A numerical study
- 2018-2019 Kristian B. Næss (Next position: Management Consultant Associate @ PwC)
Project: Thermoelectric properties of (anti)ferromagnet/superconductor hybrid junctions
- 2017-2018 Andreas S. Krogen (Next position: PhD student @ TU Delft )
Project: All-optical magnetisation switching in 2D metallic ferro- and antiferromagnetic Systems
- 2016-2017 Lars A. Kristiansen (Next position: Software developer)
Project: Spin-orbit-induced dynamics of magnetic textures
- 2019 (July-October) Dr. Mahroo Shiranzaei (Uppsala University)
Project: Magnon BEC
Currently there is no opening.
There are possibilities for master thesis/specialization projects in our group. Please contact me by email for more information.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Chiral ferromagnetism beyond Lifshitz invariants. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101.
- (2020) Strain and electric-field control of spin-spin interactions in monolayer CrI3. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 4.
- (2020) Bose–Einstein condensation of nonequilibrium magnons in confined systems. New Journal of Physics. vol. 22.
- (2019) Scattering theory of transport through disordered magnets. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (13).
- (2019) Ultrafast generation and dynamics of isolated skyrmions in antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (5).
- (2019) Anisotropies and magnetic phase transitions in insulating antiferromagnets determined by a Spin-Hall magnetoresistance probe. Communications Physics. vol. 2 (1).
- (2019) Ultrafast control of spin interactions in honeycomb antiferromagnetic insulators. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 100 (6).
- (2019) Propagation Length of Antiferromagnetic Magnons Governed by Domain Configurations. Nano letters (Print). vol. 20 (1).
- (2019) Current-Driven Dynamics of Magnetic Hopfions. Physical Review Letters. vol. 123 (14).
- (2018) Asymmetric and Symmetric Exchange in a Generalized 2D Rashba Ferromagnet. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (8).
- (2018) Intrinsic Spin-Orbit Torque Arising from the Berry Curvature in a Metallic-Magnet/Cu-Oxide Interface. Physical Review Letters. vol. 121 (1).
- (2018) Tunable long-distance spin transport in a crystalline antiferromagnetic iron oxide. Nature. vol. 561 (7722).
- (2018) Theory of the Interfacial Dzyaloshinskii-Moriya Interaction in Rashba Antiferromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 120 (19).
- (2018) Quantum magnetization fluctuations via spin shot noise. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 98 (22).
- (2018) Controlling chiral domain walls in antiferromagnets using spin-wave helicity. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (2).
- (2017) Generation of single skyrmions by picosecond magnetic field pulses. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (14).
- (2017) Quantum capacitance of double-layer graphene. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 96 (7).
- (2017) Spin Superfluidity in Biaxial Antiferromagnetic Insulators. Physical Review Letters. vol. 118 (13).
- (2014) Antiferromagnetic domain wall motion induced by spin waves. Physical Review Letters. vol. 112 (14).