Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
As an employee at Multiconsult ASA, I am carrying out an industrial PhD project where I am studying how to apply non-linear finite element analyses during the design of large concrete structures. The project has two main topics. First, I am establishing a proper solution strategy for non-linear finite element analyses, or in other words, a proper method for performing the analyses. This includes e.g. material models, element types and iteration methods. Second, I am quantifying the relevant uncertainties that we need to take into account when performing reliability assessments of concrete structures. The relevant uncertainties are e.g. modelling uncertainties and material uncertainties. How to include the uncertainties in the reliability assessment, and how to perform the reliability assessment, are also crucial parts of this topic.
The project is funded by Multiconsult ASA and the Research Council of Norway.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2017) A quantification of the modelling uncertainty of non-linear finite element analyses of large concrete structures. Structural Safety. vol. 64.
- (2016) Evaluation of safety formats for non-linear Finite Element Analyses of statically indeterminate concrete structures subjected to different load paths. Structural Concrete. vol. 17 (1).
- (2015) Solution strategy for non-linear Finite Element Analyses of large reinforced concrete structures. Structural Concrete. vol. 16 (3).
Del av bok/rapport
- (2017) Reliability Assessments of Large Reinforced Concrete Structures Using Non-linear Finite Element Analyses: Challenges and Solutions. High Tech Concrete: Where Technology and Engineering Meet Proceedings of the 2017 fib Symposium, held in Maastricht, The Netherlands, June 12-14, 2017.
- (2017) Reliability assessment of a large concrete structure making use of non-linear finite element analyses. Proceedings of The Eleventh High Performance Concrete (11th HPC) & The Second Concrete Innovation Conference (2nd CIC) Tromsø, Norway 2017.
- (2016) Material model for non-linear finite element analyses of large concrete structures. fib Symposium 2016 Performance-based approaches for concrete structures Proceedings Extended abstracts and keynotes.
- (2014) Application of NLFEA in the Design of Large Concrete Structures. Proceedings of the XXII Nordic Concrete Research Symposium, Reykjavik, Iceland 2014.
- (2014) Large scale non-linear finite element analyses of reinforced concrete structures. Proceedings of The 10th fib International PhD Symposium in Civil Engineering, Université Laval, 21 – 23 July 2014, Québec, Canada.