Emne - Masteroppgave i molekylærmedisin - HBIOT3901
HBIOT3901 - Masteroppgave i molekylærmedisin
The master's thesis in molecular medicine can have a basal or medical direction. The thesis should have a scientific composition and be founded on applicable theory and literature within the specific subject. Current topics could be molecular mechanisms and epidemiological causes, diagnostic problems and therapeutic measures. It is a great advantage that the thesis be connected to the existing research activities at the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences. The principal supervisor is chosen from the scientific staff with permanent positions. The thesis should be a monograph or a scientific paper with concluding remarks. In both cases, the student should document a theoretical comprehension and a broad understanding of the methods that have been used. Students enrolled in the master's program must write the thesis in English. Details regulating the work with and assessment of the thesis are given in Guidelines for the Master's Thesis.
After completing the master's thesis the student should be able to
- formulate a precise research problem
- scientifically test and answer a research problem
- prepare and analyze data from a study/experiment
- master methods and techniques relevant for the research problem
- present a research problem and discuss the results critically
- by using relevant scientific literature
- describe a scientific work in a clearly written report (master's thesis)
- present the results, both in writing and orally, with sound language and precise statements.
Læringsformer og aktiviteter
Individual supervision. Form of examination: Thesis and oral presentation/examination. The grade given on the thesis may be adjusted after the oral exam. The thesis must be written in English.
Mer om vurdering
In addition to the written work, there will be an oral exam. The exam consists of a student presentation, followed by an oral examination. The examiners will set a preliminary grade on the written work before the oral exam. The grade given on the written work may be adjusted up to one grade after the oral exam. If the written work is given the grade F, no oral examination will be held.
Krever opptak til studieprogram:
Molecular Medicine (MSMOLMED)
The student must be admitted to the Master of Science in Molecular Medicine. In order to be eligible to defend his/her master's thesis the student must have passed all exams, i.e. compulsory and elective courses worth 60 credits in total.
Studiepoeng: 60.0 SP
Studienivå: Høyere grads nivå
Termin nr.: 1
Undervises: HØST 2022
Termin nr.: 2
Undervises: VÅR 2023
- Termin Statuskode Vurdering Vekting Hjelpemidler Dato Tid Eksamens- system Rom *
- Vår ORD Masteroppgave 100/100 INSPERA
Rom Bygning Antall kandidater
- * Skriftlig eksamen plasseres på rom 3 dager før eksamensdato. Hvis mer enn ett rom er oppgitt, finner du ditt rom på Studentweb.
For mer info om oppmelding til og gjennomføring av eksamen, se "Innsida - Eksamen"