Irina T Sorokina
Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Prof. Irina T. Sorokina, is a professor of physics and the head of the "Laser Physics Group"
Field of interest
Laser-physics and nonlinear optics, fiber and solid-state laser technology, spectroscopy
Main scientific contributions
To physics of novel solid-state lasers and laser materials, ultrashort pulse generation, applications of novel femtosecond lasers and frequency combs in science and technology.
Current research activities
Generation and applications of ultimately short - few optical cycle - pulses in the mid-IR, compact all-fiber and solid-state femto- and picosecond mid-IR lasers between 1.5 and 3.5 μm for sensing, ranging and LIDAR; mid-IR femtosecond OPOs based on periodically patterned semiconductors; supercontinuum and frequency comb generation; high-resolution spectroscopy, double frequency comb spectroscopy and frequency standards; optical networks for quantum computing; semiconductor microprocessing with mid-IR femtosecond pulses.
Irina is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America (OSA) awarded in 2006 for "pioneering contributions to tunable and ultrashort-pulse lasers and their applications in spectroscopy, particularly based on novel materials in the near- and mid-infrared spectral ranges".
She was also awarded an IEE Snell Premium Award 2004 for “development of broadly tunable and microchip Cr:ZnSe lasers and their applications” and and is a leading co-founder of an NTNU spin-off ATLA Lasers AS
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Sub-surface modifications in silicon with ultra-short pulsed lasers above 2 µm. Journal of the Optical Society of America. B, Optical physics. vol. 37.
- (2020) Investigation of the wavelength dependency of the creation of sub-surface modifications in ZnS. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering.
- (2018) Efficient half-harmonic generation of three-optical-cycle mid-IR frequency comb around 4 µm using OP-GaP. Optics Express. vol. 26 (8).
- (2018) Spectral-luminescent properties of vapor deposited Cr:ZnS thin films and their application as saturable absorbers for 1.5-um erbium lasers. Optical Materials Express. vol. 8 (3).
- (2017) Efficient cascaded half-harmonic generation of mid-IR frequency combs (conference presentation). Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 10088.
- (2016) Multi-Kilowatt Peak Power Nanosecond Er-Doped Fiber Laser. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. vol. 28 (23).
- (2016) Vapor deposited Cr-doped ZnS thin films: Towards optically pumped mid-infrared waveguide lasers. Optical Materials Express. vol. 6 (9).
- (2016) Flat-top supercontinuum and tunable femtosecond fiber laser sources at 1.9-2.5 μm. Journal of Lightwave Technology. vol. 34 (21).
- (2016) Coherent octave-spanning mid-infrared supercontinuum generated in As2S3-silica double-nanospike waveguide pumped by femtosecond Cr:ZnS laser. Optics Express. vol. 24 (11).
- (2015) Emission decay and energy transfer in Yb/Tm Y-codoped fibers based on nano-modified glass. Optical materials (Amsterdam). vol. 42.
- (2015) Mode-locked thulium-doped fiber lasers based on normal dispersion active fiber. IEEE Photonics Technology Letters. vol. 27 (15).
- (2015) Spectroscopy and tunable continuous-wave operation of Cr2+:Zn1-xMgxSe single crystal around 2.5 μm. Quantum electronics (Woodbury, N.Y.). vol. 45 (4).
- (2015) Femtosecond Cr2+-based lasers. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. vol. 21 (1).
- (2014) 6.8 W all-fiber supercontinuum source at 1.9-2.5 um. Laser Physics Letters. vol. 11 (8).
- (2014) All-fiber optical supercontinuum sources in 1.7-3.2 μm range. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8961.
- (2014) Continuous-wave broadly tunable high-power Cr:CdS laser. Applied physics B. vol. 117 (4).
- (2014) Mid-IR ultrashort pulsed fiber-based lasers. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics. vol. 20:0903412 (5).
- (2014) Femtosecond Cr:ZnS laser at 2.35 µm mode-locked by carbon nanotubes. Proceedings of SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. vol. 8959.
- (2014) Graphene mode-locked Cr: ZnS chirped-pulse oscillator. Optics Express. vol. 22 (6).
- (2014) Graphene Mode-locked Cr:ZnS Laser with 41 fs Pulse Duration. Optics Express. vol. 22 (5).