Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
Miguel Costas Piñó joined CASA in January 2017. He earned his PhD at the University of A Coruña (Spain) in January 2016 with his thesis Crashworthiness analysis and design optimization of hybrid impact energy absorbers, being awarded the Cum Laude and international distinctions, and the extraordinary doctorate award.
In 2011, he graduated with a Master of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of A Coruña, with specialization in Structural Engineering. From 2011 to 2016, he worked at the Group of Structural Mechanics at the University of A Coruña, where he took his PhD and collaborated in several industrial and construction projects.
His research topics include computational and experimental solid mechanics, structural optimization, metal plasticity, crashworthiness and ballistic penetration.
He is also a professional pianist graduated in 2005 from the Conservatory of Santiago de Compostela (Spain), and he performs several times every year as a soloist or a collaborative artist. In Norway, he collaborates as an accompanist for TKK and Unge Musikere.
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Testing and simulation of additively manufactured AlSi10Mg components under quasi-static loading. European Journal of Mechanics. A, Solids. vol. 81.
- (2020) Pure Mode I Fracture Toughness Determination in Rocks Using a Pseudo‑Compact Tension (pCT) Test Approach. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 53.
- (2019) A through-thickness damage regularisation scheme for shell elements subjected to severe bending and membrane deformations. Journal of the mechanics and physics of solids. vol. 123.
- (2019) On the ballistic perforation resistance of additive manufactured AlSi10Mg aluminium plates. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 137.
- (2017) Static crushing of aluminium tubes filled with PET foam and a GFRP skeleton. Numerical modelling and multiobjective optimization. International Journal of Mechanical Sciences. vol. 131-132.
Del av bok/rapport
- (2020) Crashworthiness. Encyclopedia of Continuum Mechanics.