Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
- Structural optimization of wind turbines
- Wave forces on structures
- Alternative concepts in wind energy (e.g. downwind, vertical axis, multi-rotor and floating turbines)
- Stochastic dynamics
- Massively parallel simulation
- Advanced analysis methods for dynamical systems
My research group
- DSF ABYSS: Advancing BeYond Shallow waterS - Optimal design of offshore wind turbine support structures
- H2020 AWESOME: Advanced Wind Energy Systems Operation and Maintenance Expertise
- FP7 Integrated Research Programme in Wind Energy
- Past President European Academy of Wind Energy (EAWE)
- Editor Journal of Ocean and Wave Energy
- Associate Editor Wind Energy Science
- Scientific Committee Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH FME)
- Technical Program Committee ISOPE Renewable Energy & Environment Symposium
- Science & Research Topic Leader / Track Chair EWEA Annual Event and EWEA Offshore Conference
- TBA4275: Dynamic response to irregular loads (autumn)
- BA8607: Design of offshore wind turbines (spring)
Consulting, Proposals, Ideas
- Ask me
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2020) Reliability-based design optimization of offshore wind turbine support structures using analytical sensitivities and factorized uncertainty modeling. Wind Energy Science. vol. 5.
- (2019) FE8 type laboratory testing of white etching crack (WEC) bearing failure mode in 100Cr6. Wear. vol. 434-435.
- (2019) Vindby—A Serious OffshoreWind Farm Design Game. Energies. vol. 12 (8).
- (2019) Spatial met-ocean data analysis for the North Sea using copulas: application in lumping of offshore wind turbine fatigue load cases. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1356 (1).
- (2019) Decision Support Models for Operations and Maintenance for Offshore Wind Farms: A Review. Applied Sciences. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Use of Markov decision processes in the evaluation of corrective maintenance scheduling policies for offshore wind farms. Energies. vol. 12 (15).
- (2019) Load case reducation for offshore wind turbine support structure fatigue assessment by importance sampling with two-stage filtering. Wind Energy. vol. 22 (11).
- (2019) Grand challenges in the science of wind energy. Science. vol. 366:eeau2027 (6464).
- (2019) Future emerging technologies in the wind power sector: a European perspective. Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews. vol. 113.
- (2019) Structural monitoring for lifetime extension of offshore wind monopiles: Verification of strain-based load extrapolation algorithm. Marine Structures. vol. 66.
- (2018) Fatigue Damage on Offshore Wind Turbines by a Cell Mapping Method. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings. vol. 2018-June.
- (2018) On gradient-based optimization of jacket structures for offshore wind turbines. Wind Energy. vol. 21 (11).
- (2018) Decoupled simulations of offshore wind turbines with reduced rotor loads and aerodynamic damping. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) The Impact of Maintenance Duration on the Downtime of an Offshore Wind farm - Alternating Renewal Process. International Journal of COMADEM. vol. 21 (3).
- (2018) Using a Langevin model for the simulation of environmental conditions in an offshore wind farm. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2018) Reducing the number of load cases for fatigue damage assessment of offshore wind turbine support structures using a simple severity-based sampling method. Wind Energy Science. vol. 3.
- (2018) A global slamming force model for offshore wind jacket structures. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Global slamming forces on jacket structures for offshore wind applications. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) Design optimization with genetic algorithms: How does steel mass increase if offshore wind monopiles are designed for a longer service life?. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1104.
- (2017) Breaking Solitary Waves and Breaking Wave Forces on a Vertically Mounted Slender Cylinder over an Impermeable Sloping Seabed. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 3 (1).