Bakgrunn og aktiviteter
- Structural optimization of wind turbines
- Wave forces on structures
- Alternative concepts in wind energy (e.g. downwind, vertical axis, multi-rotor and floating turbines)
- Stochastic dynamics
- Massively parallel simulation
- Advanced analysis methods for dynamical systems
My research group
- DSF ABYSS: Advancing BeYond Shallow waterS - Optimal design of offshore wind turbine support structures
- H2020 AWESOME: Advanced Wind Energy Systems Operation and Maintenance Expertise
- FP7 Integrated Research Programme in Wind Energy
- Past President European Academy of Wind Energy (EAWE)
- Editor Journal of Ocean and Wave Energy
- Associate Editor Wind Energy Science
- Scientific Committee Norwegian Research Centre for Offshore Wind Technology (NOWITECH FME)
- Technical Program Committee ISOPE Renewable Energy & Environment Symposium
- Science & Research Topic Leader / Track Chair EWEA Annual Event and EWEA Offshore Conference
- TBA4275: Dynamic response to irregular loads (autumn)
- BA8607: Design of offshore wind turbines (spring)
Consulting, Proposals, Ideas
- Ask me
Vitenskapelig, faglig og kunstnerisk arbeid
Et utvalg av nyere tidsskriftspublikasjoner, kunstneriske produksjoner, bok, inklusiv bokdeler og rapport-del. Se alle publikasjoner i databasen
- (2018) A global slamming force model for offshore wind jacket structures. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Global slamming forces on jacket structures for offshore wind applications. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2017) Breaking Solitary Waves and Breaking Wave Forces on a Vertically Mounted Slender Cylinder over an Impermeable Sloping Seabed. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 3 (1).
- (2017) Lifetime extension for large offshore wind farms: Is it enough to reassess fatigue for selected design positions?. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Key performance indicators for wind farm operation and maintenance. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Mesh Parametric Study for Fatigue Assessment of Tubular K-joints using Numerical Methods. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Analytical sensitivities for statistically extrapolated extreme load constraints in structural optimization. Structural And Multidisciplinary Optimization. vol. 56 (6).
- (2017) Fatigue Crack Detection for Lifetime Extension of Monopile-based Offshore Wind Turbines. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) A review of slamming load application to offshore wind turbines from an integrated perspective. Energy Procedia. vol. 137.
- (2017) Inverse Estimation of Local Slamming Loads on a Jacket Structure. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 139 (6).
- (2017) Brief communication: Structural health monitoring for lifetime extension of offshore wind monopiles: can strain measurements at one level tell us everything?. Wind Energy Science. vol. 2.
- (2016) Hydrodynamic Characteristics and Geometric properties of Plunging and Spilling Breakers over Impermeable Slopes. Ocean Modelling. vol. 103.
- (2016) Analytical gradient-based optimization of offshore wind turbine substructures under fatigue and extreme loads. Marine Structures. vol. 47.
- (2016) On Fatigue Damage Assessment for Offshore Support Structures with Tubular Joints. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Rational upscaling of a semi-submersible floating platform supporting a wind turbine. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Influence of Soil Parameters on the Fatigue Lifetime of Offshore Wind Turbines with Monopile Support Structure. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Two-stage local optimization approach of lattice type support structures for offshore wind turbines. Ocean Engineering. vol. 117.
- (2016) Safety Indicators for the Marine Operations in the Installation and Operating Phase of an Offshore Wind Farm. Energy Procedia. vol. 94.
- (2016) Value of information of repair times for o shore wind farm maintenance planning. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 753.
- (2016) Aerodynamic Simulation of the MARINTEK Braceless Semisubmersible Wave Tank Tests. Journal of Physics, Conference Series. vol. 749 (1).